Be compliant with the mandatory sexual harassment prevention training required by the Illinois Human Rights Act.
In June of 2022, Chicago amended the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance to require that all employers in Chicago provide two hours of supervisor/management and one hour of employee sexual harassment training annually for all of its employees. This change is in conjunction with the Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA) amendments that required all Illinois employers to provide initial sexual harassment prevention training to all Illinois employees by December 31, 2020, and once per year thereafter. As such all Illinois employers are now required to administer mandatory training to all employees, including part-time employees, short-term or temporary employees, interns, etc., yearly with Chicago-based employers also being required to provide separate supervisor training. Lorman Education Services, in partnership with the law firm of SmithAmundsen LLC, has developed a training program designed for Illinois employers to train their employees beginning immediately through this convenient online program that will not exceed 1 hour in length.
By registering for or participating in Lorman Education Services' Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, you acknowledge and agree that the material shall not be construed as legal advice but is merely intended to provide you or your organization with information related to Illinois and Chicago's mandatory training requirements pursuant to the Chicago Human Rights Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act. The training presented is not designed or intended for any unique or particular employer. Additionally, the training presented shall not be utilized or relied on by anyone working for a restaurant or bar as those terms are defined under the IHRA. By registering and/or participating in this training, you and your organization agree to waive any and all rights or claims against and hold harmless from any and all loss or legal claim, Lorman Education Services, the presenter, and/or the law firm of SmithAmundsen LLC, resulting from the content or delivery of this training material.
All participants, and their respective organizations, are solely responsible for all legal obligations they may have under the law, including, but not limited to, all training, certification, and recordkeeping requirements and obligations under the CHRA and the IHRA.
Jeffrey A. Risch, Esq.
- Partner and chair of SmithAmundsen’s Labor & Employment Practice Group - Chicago, Illinois
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of management-side labor and employment, in both employment litigation and traditional labor matters
- Experience representing employers in federal, state, and administrative venues
- Named to the 2010 Chicago Law Bulletin’s 40 Under 40; Best Lawyers, 2015-2021; Illinois SuperLawyers, 2012 -2021
- Chair, Employment Law Council – Illinois State Chamber of Commerce
- Chapter Labor Counsel – Associated Builders & Contractors of Illinois
- Chapter Labor Counsel – Northern Illinois Building Contractors Association
- Chapter Labor Counsel – Finishing Contractors Association of Illinois
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7922
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.