Creating an effective annual report will engage your donors, increase the potential for new partnerships, and attract more volunteers for your organization.
Many nonprofit organizations of all sizes struggle with how to create a compelling and engaging annual report. Those tasked with preparing an annual report often don't understand what should be included and what is optional. Some nonprofit organizations believe the process of creating an annual report is too cumbersome and time-consuming.
This presentation will help those responsible for creating a nonprofit annual report learn how to create an effective report that will engage donors, increase the potential for new partnerships, and attract more volunteers for the organization. The material will explain the importance of creating an annual report for an organization and how to ensure the report engages all your target audiences. You will learn how to simplify your information gathering for what to include. Discover effective themes, designs, and styles. Understand how to handle donor lists and know what the must-have content is when the space is tight. The presentation will address topics such as; how to prepare financial information that your report recipients will understand, how to create an error-free report, and how to handle bad news or challenges. You will also gain tips on avoiding common mistakes and discover how to distribute your report in new ways (beyond the traditional printed brochure) to connect with your donors, volunteers, and supporters. You will leave with a checklist to make your job easier and more streamlined.
Ascend Integrated Media
- Vice President, Media Development at Ascend Media
- Nearly 40 years of experience in communications, publishing, new product development, and mergers and acquisitions
- Ascend Media creates print and digital content for dozens of associations and nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S.; client partners include dozens of associations that specialize in health care
- Past President of the Board of Directors for Cancer Action in the Kansas City metro (eight years on the Board)
- Volunteers in various communications and sponsorships roles for various nonprofits
- Served on the planning committee for the annual Philanthropy Midwest Conference in Kansas City, Missouri, 2011
- M.B.A. degree, Keller Graduate School, Kansas City, Missouri; M.S. degree in journalism, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana; B.A. degree in journalism, University of Michigan
- Can be contacted at 913-344-1436, [email protected] or www.ascendmedia.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.