Review foreign privacy and data protection laws.
The Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act which prohibits, in a commercial context, the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information about Canadian residents without their consent, has been held to apply to foreign companies. Canada’s strict anti-spam law and the regulations promulgated thereunder apply to anyone who sends a commercial electronic message to any “electronic address”in Canada. Unlike the U.S. CAN SPAM Act, CASL is an opt-in law. This white paper reviews this law and discusses foreign data retention laws, foreign localization laws and consumer protection laws.
Hennis, Rothstein & Ellis LLP
- Partner at Hennis, Rothstein & Ellis LLP
- Practices in the areas of Internet and technology law, intellectual property law (including trademark registrations for non-U.S. companies), business and corporate law, international and domestic commercial transactions, virtual currency law, privacy law, and drone law (law of unmanned aerial systems or UAS); frequent speaker on topics related to the Internet, digital technology law, international private law, and legal ethics
- Author of the 2019 edition of Stuckey & Ellis, Internet and Online Law (Law Journal Press), and the author of numerous articles and op-ed pieces regarding legal topics
- Twice testified before Congress on information law topics
- Served as chair of the Ohio State Bar Association’s International Law Committee, as chair of its OSBA's Digital Technology Law Committee, and as a member of the OSBA's Ad Hoc Committee on Multijurisdictional Practice
- J.D. degree, Antioch School of Law; B.A. degree, Ohio State
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.