Learn how to remain professional, stay in compliance, and prevent pitfalls when terminating a relationship with a client.
Chances are you've experienced an attorney-client relationship that either makes you uncomfortable, scream, or wish you'd never taken the case. Attorneys often face situations where they need (or want) to terminate a client relationship for one reason or another. These reasons may range from conflicts of interest, unlawful behavior, inability to fulfill obligations (by either client or attorney), or fundamental disagreements. When is withdrawal from a case required? When is it optional? What ethical obligations must be considered in the termination of such a relationship? What steps can be taken to stay in compliance with ethical rules, avoid discipline or professional liability, and prevent the pitfalls that may occur when firing a client? This topic will reveal guidelines for deciding when to fire which clients and how to go about it if the relationship has become problematic.
Noel R. Bagwell, III, Esq.
- Founder of Executive Legal Professionals, PLLC (ExecutiveLP®)
- Decades of experience in offering comprehensive risk mitigation, setback recovery coaching, and consulting services that guide businesses and executives from adversity to success
- Founder of Counsel & Clarity Legal PLLC, a legal practice focusing on preventive law, which helps businesses avoid legal issues and maintain profitable relationships with their lawyers
- Developed a unique approach by integrating various disciplines, including philosophy, theology, psychology, and leadership coaching, to provide holistic support to clients whose problems often run deeper than legal matters
- Specializes in anticipating and mitigating legal risks through a preventive law approach, ensuring the success and peace of mind of organizations
- Offers leadership resilience coaching to help organizations rebound from setbacks with confidence, turning reversals into growth opportunities
- Over a decade of experience as a trusted advisor to start-ups, growth-stage companies, executives, and investors, forming the foundation of a robust support cycle that enhances high-performance leadership, legal support, and legal operations teams
- Offers solutions that complement, rather than replace, existing legal counsel, tailored to each client’s unique needs, to transform legal support relationships into profitable assets
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.