Understand the various situations in which licenses, franchises, or easements should be used.
Utilities are faced with options and choices regarding the manner which they will deliver their product to their customers. They may use the public rights-of-way or may choose to use private easements to lay their lines. This topic helps the person in charge with making the land usage decisions, as well as the city official assisting that person. The topic will discuss the various manners for acquiring the right to lay lines, and the strengths and weaknesses of those manners, and some specific topics that apply to various purposes of land uses.
Ronald D. Stutes
Wilson, Robertson & Cornelius, P.C.
- Member in the office of Potter Minton, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of municipal law, advice to other local governmental entities, and commercial litigation
- Spoken on numerous topics related to municipal law
- Member State Bar of Texas, Smith County Bar Foundation, Texas City Attorneys Association
- J.D. degree, University of Texas at Austin School of Law; B.A. degree, economics & legal studies, Rice University; M.Pub.Aff. degree, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, University of Texas, Austin
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 903-597-8311
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.