Gain valuable instruction on applying lean methodologies in commercial design and construction.
Over the past 50 years, the design and construction industry has maintained a flat or declining level of productivity, while productivity in every other non-agricultural industry has doubled. Seventy percent of commercial construction projects are delivered over budget, over schedule, or both. We are members of a broken industry, and it is time we learned a new way of doing things. Lean principles of continuous improvement, respect for people, waste identification and elimination, value creation, and collaboration have been adapted to the design and construction industry to help us do just that. This material will provide valuable instruction on applying lean methodologies in commercial design and construction. You will acquire a foundational understanding of the structure, vocabulary, and operation of a lean project, as well as a basic understanding of the typical tools employed to create a lean environment, such as target value delivery, big room methodology, and the Last Planner® system.
Glassmeyer Construction Consulting & Coaching LLC
- Owner, Glassmeyer Construction Consulting & Coaching LLC
- Specializes in lean design and construction training and coaching, safety training, and professional writing
- 27 years’ experience in commercial construction management and planning
- Coached dozens of projects around the country in lean design and construction principles, use of the Last Planner® System, and target value delivery
- Core team member, Lean Construction Institute, Ohio Valley Community of Practice
- B.S. degree in construction management, University of Cincinnati
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.