Orient your new hire and follow up after orientation to ensure your new employee stays on the right track.
When new hires begin work, they face many challenges, and so do their employers. There is a honeymoon period in which they learn about each other. The new hire becomes part of a new corporate culture and requires structured onboarding, mentoring, and training to be made productive as quickly as possible. New hires experience socialization when they learn how to succeed in a new corporate culture. At the same time, the organization experiences personalization when the organization and workgroups must adapt to a new hire. How can a new hire be kept on track to exceed expectations? This topic will help the persons responsible for inducting new hires to facilitate efforts to keep them on track by offering onboarding, on-the-job training, and mentoring so that new hires make positive contributions, continue to exceed expectations, and become productive as quickly as possible.
More Program Information
More Program Information
William J. Rothwell, Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CPLP Fellow
Rothwell & Associates, Inc.
- President of Rothwell & Associates, Inc. (www.rothwellandassociates.com) and professor, Penn State University, University Park
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of talent management and succession planning
- Conducts regular seminars on talent management, succession planning, and organization development
- Wrote 115 books; Virtual Coaching to Improve Group Relationships (Routledge, 2021); Increasing Learning and Development’s Impact Through Accreditation (Palgrave, 2020); Adult Learning Basics, 2nd ed. (ATD Press, 2020); The Essential HR Guide for Small Businesses and StartUps (Society for Human Resource Management, 2020); Workforce Development: Guidelines for Community College Professionals (Rowman-Littlefield, 2020); Innovation Leadership (Routledge, 2018); Human Performance Improvement: Building Practitioner Competence, 3rd ed. (Routledge, 2018); Evaluating Organization Development: How to Ensure and Sustain the Successful Transformation (CRC Press, 2017); Marketing Organization Development Consulting: A How-To Guide for OD Consultants (CRC Press, 2017); Assessment and Diagnosis for Organization Development: Powerful Tools and Perspectives for the OD practitioner (CRC Press, 2017); Community College Leaders on Workforce Development (Rowman & Littlefield, 2017); Organization Development in Practice (ODNetwork, 2016); Mastering the Instructional Design Process (Wiley, 2016); Practicing Organization Development, 4th ed. (Wiley, 2015); Effective Succession Planning, 5th ed. (AMACOM, 2015); The Competency Toolkit, 2 vols., 2nd ed. (HRD Press, 2015); Beyond Training and Development, 3rd ed. (HRD Press, 2015); The Leader's Daily Role in Talent Management (McGraw-Hill, 2015); Organization Development Fundamentals (ATD, 2015); Creating Engaged Employees (ATD, 2014); Becoming An Effective Mentoring Leader: Proven Strategies for Building Excellence in Your Organization (McGraw-Hill, 2013); Talent Management: A Step-by-Step Action-Oriented Approach Based on Best Practice (HRD Press, 2012); the edited three-volume Encyclopedia of Human Resource Management (Wiley/Pfeiffer, 2012); Lean But Agile: Rethink Workforce Planning and Gain a True Competitive Advantage (AMACOM, 2012); Invaluable Knowledge: Securing Your Company's Technical Expertise-Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent, Transferring Technical Knowledge, Engaging High Performers (AMACOM, 2011); Competency-Based Training Basics (ASTD Press, 2010); Effective Succession Planning: Ensuring Leadership Continuity and Building Talent from Within, 4th ed. (AMACOM, 2010); Practicing Organization Development, 3rd ed. (Pfeiffer, 2009); The Manager's Guide to Maximizing Employee Potential: Quick and Easy Ways to Build Talent Every Day (AMACOM, 2009); Basics of Adult Learning (ASTD, 2009); HR Transformation (Davies-Black, 2008) and Working Longer (AMACOM, 2008)
- Member of Association for Talent Development and the Society for Human Resource Management
- Can be contacted at 814-234-6888 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.