Orient your new hire and follow up after orientation to ensure your new employee stays on the right track.
When new hires begin work, they face many challenges, and so do their employers. There is a honeymoon period in which they learn about each other. The new hire becomes part of a new corporate culture and requires structured onboarding, mentoring, and training to be made productive as quickly as possible. New hires experience socialization when they learn how to succeed in a new corporate culture. At the same time, the organization experiences personalization when the organization and workgroups must adapt to a new hire. How can a new hire be kept on track to exceed expectations? This topic will help the persons responsible for inducting new hires to facilitate efforts to keep them on track by offering onboarding, on-the-job training, and mentoring so that new hires make positive contributions, continue to exceed expectations, and become productive as quickly as possible.
William J. Rothwell, Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, RODC, CPTD Fellow
Rothwell & Associates, Inc.
- President of Rothwell & Associates, Inc. (www.rothwellandassociates.com) and professor, Penn State University, University Park
- Distinguished Professor, The Pennsylvania State University
- Specializes in organization development and change
- Taught HR topics at a major university for 32 years
- 20 years of full-time HR experience in multinational business and U.S. government
- Conducted consulting for over 50 multinational companies and countless other organizations
- Published 154 books on HR (look me up on Amazon)
- Member of The Society for HR Management, Association for Talent Development
- Ph.D., M.B.A., M.A., B.A.
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.