Gain an understanding of the filings under UCC Article 9, and how to fix mistakes and avoid them in the future.
You will obtain an understanding of the nuts and bolts of filings under UCC Article 9, how to file properly, and how proper filings perfect (and continue perfection of) security interests in collateral and protect the interests of the filing party. Unfortunately, mistakes are often made, sometimes with significant consequences. You will learn about the effects of improper or missed filings, whether or not intended, and how to avoid or correct mistakes.
More Program Information
More Program Information
James C. Schulwolf
Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- Partner at Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- Represents senior and mezzanine lenders, institutional investors, venture capital investors (including SBICs), private equity funds, hedge funds, emerging growth companies, and private companies in financing, investment, leasing, acquisition, corporate, licensing, and restructuring transactions
- Regularly advises these clients with respect to structuring, negotiating, and closing complex transactions, also regularly advises clients with respect to distressed investments and the restructuring of existing investments and loans
- Experience includes the representation of senior lenders in complex commercial, asset-based, and acquisition financings; mezzanine lenders and hedge funds; SBIC’s and venture capital funds; emerging growth companies; hedge fund, buyers, sellers, and sponsors; and institutional investors in direct investments, fund of funds investments, and investments in private equity funds
- Recognized authority on drafting and negotiating intercreditor and subordination agreements on behalf of senior and subordinate lenders and wrote “Controlling Your Destiny-Key Issues in Subordination and Intercreditor Agreements”, The Secured Lender (1995); he also deals extensively with family-owned businesses and wrote "Financing the Family-Owned Business," The Secured Lender (2002)
- Lectures frequently on issues relating to commercial and real estate lending, intercreditor issues, venture finance, and venture capital investment
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; listed as a Connecticut Super Lawyer® in business/corporate (2006 to 2015) and banking, mergers & acquisitions (2006 to 2009); listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in banking and finance law, equipment finance law (2005 to 2016); named "Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers' 2014 Hartford Region banking and finance law; chair (2010 to 2013), Commercial Finance Committee, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law; fellow (1998 to present) and member of the Board of Regents (2005 to 2009), American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers; and Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellow
- J.D. degree, New York University School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Amherst College
Jeffrey A. Wurst, Esq.
- More than 30 years of experience handling significant commercial finance and bankruptcy matters
- Esteemed fellow of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers and panelist on the American Arbitration Association’s National Roster of Arbitrators
- In-depth experience representing both lenders and borrowers in litigation arising from transactions, and is often called upon to handle interlender disputes
- Represented both agents and co-lenders in syndicate-related disputes
- Litigation experience includes the successful defense of major money center banks in venues across the country related to lender liability, lien priority disputes, fraudulent conveyance, and similar actions
- The ABF Journal, Secured Finance Network, Turnaround Management Association, and other industry-leading publications turn to Jeff for critical insights and articles
- An established writer and blogger, his Wurst Case Scenario, the commercial finance law newsletter, has thousands of followers
- Frequent lecturer on topics concerning lenders and entrepreneurs
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.