Ensure your terms are communicated clearly to avoid costly litigation.
Managing a contract is made easier if it is drafted to protect the interests of your employer. This program will cover some of the do's and don'ts of drafting a contract, including how to handle forms that need to be included as part of the contract. You will learn about the different terms usually found in a contract and how to use them to protect your organization's interests. Also, if reviewing a contract created by your vendor, what to look for and be sure you win the battle should there be a dispute. You will also learn how you can exit a contract properly and avoid a conflict.
Kenneth M. Jones
- Past purchasing officer, worked part-time for the SUNY Center for International Development with their program in Kenya, Africa
- Has trained many university staff on procurement rules and regulations
- Established online ordering processes with vendors ranging from office supplies to lab chemicals and continues to provide training in his current position to procurement staff in Nairobi, Kenya
- More than 30 years of experience working in the public and nonprofit procurement field
- Previous purchasing experience included procuring commodities, services, and construction for the departments on campus
- Conducts regular seminars, webinars, and workshops on various procurement topics
- Past purchasing assistant for the New York State Office of Taxation and Finance
- Can be contacted at 518-875-6854 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.