Learn about the key issues impacting real estate 1031 like-kind exchanges.
This topic covers critical IRS time deadlines in delayed exchanges, like-kind requirements including creative property variations like easements, transferable development rights, oil/gas/minerals rights, vacation homes held for investment, fractional ownership (DST and TICs) , partnership/LLC scenarios (and how to best structure in advance of a 1031 exchange), reverse and improvement exchanges, related party transactions and how to avoid common pitfalls and other 1031 related issues. The information will provide a summary of current developments regarding applicable revenue rulings, PLR's and other recent IRS guidance on current issues related to 1031 exchanges including how to help taxpayers owning commercial property in an LLC or partnership plan in advance to help avoid issues at closing if only some of the LLC members or partners want to exchange including the drop and swap, swap and drop and Partnership Installment Note (PIN) approaches. Finally, this will include a brief overview of what works and what does not when combining Qualified Opportunity Zones with 1031 Exchanges.
Scott R. Saunders
Asset Preservation Inc.
- Senior vice president with Asset Preservation, Inc. (API), a subsidiary of Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE: STC)
- Extensive background in IRC §1031 tax deferred exchanges, having been involved in structuring thousands and thousands of §1031 exchanges during his thirty two years in the exchange industry
- Dedicates a significant portion of his time presenting classes on intermediate and advanced §1031 exchange strategies to accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, real estate brokers and principals nationwide
- Spoken many times for various associations and organizations
- Contributing author to the book Real Estate Exchanges: Using the Tax Deferred Exchange in Real Estate Investment Management and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes Real Estate Investor and U.S. News and World Report
- Written over 200 articles on various aspects of §1031 exchanges, capital gain taxation and investment real estate, articles have been featured in many investment publications such as the New York Real Estate Journal, Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal, Inman News, REBusiness Online, Heartland Real Estate Business, Western Real Estate Business, REALTORS® Land Institute Terra Firma, ALTA’s Title News, HousingWire and many other real estate and other financial publications
- Degree in business economics, University of California at Santa Barbara
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.