Gain a better understanding of the fundamental tax concepts of corporations including M adjustments and Form 1120.
U.S. accounting and tax rules are not always the same for reporting corporate income taxes. Form 1120 is used to report many tax issues and disclosures other than the tax on profit and losses. In some cases, the tax disclosure is different due to different methods and limits on income tax reporting. For tax purposes, differences are reported on Schedule M-1 and M-3 to highlight those tax categories. Some differences exist due to tax changes created in the TCJA of 2017 and the CARES Act of 2020. This topic will provide you with an overview of the current corporate tax issues reported for businesses, including reconciling the differences between book and tax income and expenses. The range of topics will include tax elections and methods, changes in income tax rates, and changes in historical income tax deductions and benefits created by the TCJA of 2017 and the CARES Act of 2020.
- You will be able to identify accounting and tax rules which create differences in reporting corporate tax.
- You will be able to review U.S. tax compliance issues and requirements for recent changes in tax forms.
- You will be able to explain U.S. benefits and alternatives for choosing a C corporation as a business entity.
- You will be able to recognize year-end strategies and deadlines that will create tax benefits and manage tax reporting issues.
More Program Information
|Accounting for Corporate Tax|
|Identifying Tax Elections and Benefits|
|Identifying Tax Changes From TCJA and CARES Act|
|Top Examples and Cases of Corporate Tax Reporting|
More Program Information
Live Webinar Registration
- AIPB 2.0
- This program is acceptable for 2.0 CPEC(s) towards the CB designation through the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB).
- AR CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved for 1.5 hours of CLE by the Arkansas CLE Board.
- Arizona CLE 1.5
- The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CT CLE 1.5
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.5 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.5
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- ME CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit under M. Bar R. 12.
- NH MCLE 1.7
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 100 Minutes.
- NJ CLE 2.0
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.0 hours of total CLE credit.
- PA CLE 1.5
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 2.0
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 2.0 hours of CLE credit.
- VT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- WA CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hours of Law & Legal Procedure credit.
- WI CLE 2.0
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 2.0 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 2.0
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 2.0 MCLE hours.
- Enrolled Agents 2.0
- This program qualifies for 2.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit for enrolled agents under Treasury Department Circular #230 Section 10.6(g).
- CPE 2.0 including Taxes 2
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 2.0 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Taxes for 2.0 hours. Prerequisite: basic knowledge of taxation. Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board.
Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for accountants, CPAs, attorneys, CEOs, presidents, vice presidents, CFOs, controllers, financial planners, bookkeepers, business owners, enrolled agents, and tax preparers.
More Program Information
Thomas M. Kosinski, C.P.A., M.S.T.
Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd.
- Director of the Tax Practice of Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. (ORBA)
- Frequent speaker with the Illinois CPA Society covering federal tax updates, IRS representation, individual and corporate tax compliance, and income tax strategies for business transactions
- Offers more than 25 years of experience providing tax planning and technical advice for individuals and the owners of closely held companies
- Provides specialized tax planning services to his clients, which include high net worth individuals and business entrepreneurs
- Advises on federal and state tax planning and tax compliance issues for real estate transactions and businesses
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and Illinois CPA Society and former president of Chicago South Chapter
- M.S. degree in taxation and B.S. degree in accounting, summa cum laude, DePaul University
- Can be contacted at 312-670-7444 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.