Gain an understanding of funding sources by category and how those funds are administered.
Affordable housing is an ever growing, ever changing field of real estate development, redevelopment and financing. The sea of federal, state, conventional banking and private financing options makes understanding where the money will come from one of the first and highest hurdles for any affordable housing developer to overcome. This material offers an overview of a panoply of funding sources by category and you will gain an understanding of how those funds are administered. The course will also take a look at noncash sources of financing and discuss commonly coupled programs.
- You will be able to describe the common sources for state and local funding and project incentives.
- You will be able to identify the mechanism for distribution of various funding sources.
- You will be able to recognize the most used federal funding sources.
- You will be able to discuss options for additional funding for affordable housing projects.
More Program Information
|Background on Affordable Housing Funding|
|Federal Funding Sources|
|State Funding Sources|
|Local Funding and Incentives|
|Additional Funding Options and Considerations|
More Program Information
Live Webinar Registration
- AL CLE 1.5
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.5 hours credit.
- AR CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved for 1.5 hours of CLE by the Arkansas CLE Board.
- Arizona CLE 1.5
- The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CT CLE 1.5
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.5 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.5
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- ME CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit under M. Bar R. 12.
- NH MCLE 1.5
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 90 Minutes.
- NJ CLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit.
- PA CLE 1.5
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- VT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- WA CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hours of Law & Legal Procedure credit.
- WI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.8 MCLE hours.
- CPE 1.8 including Finance 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Finance for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: . Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board.
Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for presidents, vice presidents, developers, real estate professionals, property managers, business owners and managers, city administrators, planners, government officials, accountants and attorneys.
More Program Information
Treasa J. Burke
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Partner at Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Focuses her practice on affordable housing development and finance, commercial real estate acquisition and divestment, and national portfolio leasing
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association, member of the Denver Bar Association, education committee member of Housing Colorado, and board member and real estate committee chair for Mile High Early Learning
- J.D. degree, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law; B.S. degree, Colorado State University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.