Mitigate contractual risk by understanding successful drafting techniques that can save you from lengthy litigation.
Explore the important legal and business issues that affect services contracts. This topic identifies the areas that both give rise to risk as well as offer opportunities to control those risks. You will learn drafting and other techniques to mitigate contractual risk and to increase the likelihood of a successful procurement.
- You will be able to review warranties and limitation of warranties.
- You will be able to define intellectual property.
- You will be able to discuss termination provisions.
- You will be able to describe dispute resolution, choice of law, and choice of forum.
More Program Information
Scope of Services
Warranties/Limitation of Warranties
Change Order Provisions
Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law/Choice of Forum
Other Important Provisions
More Program Information
This course was last revised on June 7, 2016.
Call 1-866-352-9540 for further credit information.
This program does NOT qualify, nor meet the National Standard for NASBA accreditation.
Live Webinar Registration
- AL CLE 1.5
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.5 hours credit.
- AR CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved for 1.5 hours of CLE by the Arkansas CLE Board.
- Arizona CLE 1.5
- The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CT CLE 1.5
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.5 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.5
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- ME CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit under M. Bar R. 12.
- NH MCLE 1.5
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 90 Minutes.
- NJ CLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit.
- PA CLE 1.5
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- VT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- WA CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hours of Law & Legal Procedure credit.
- WI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.8 MCLE hours.
- ISM 1.5
- Participants who successfully complete this program will receive 1.5 hours of continuing education. They may be applied toward ISM CPSM, CPSD or C.P.M. recertification. ISM's consent to approve hours for this educational event is not an endorsement of this program or its content by ISM.
- CPE 1.8 including Management Services 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Management Services for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: . Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board.
Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for contract managers, purchasing and procurement professionals, buyers, project managers, attorneys, and controllers.
More Program Information
Francis X. Taney, Jr.
Taney Legal LLC
- 25 years of experience with both negotiation of professional service contracts and litigation arising from such contracts
- Tried approximately 50 cases to verdict or award in bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and other administrative proceedings
- Has coordinated the legal strategies for close to 100 technology-based startup companies
- Recognized by The Legal Intelligencer with the Lawyer on the Fast Track award, named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, and named to the SmartCEO's Legal Elite list
- Featured legal commentator on Fox Business Network “Money for Breakfast” and CNBC “Power Lunch” segments
- Selected published works include: "Technology Transactions and Effective Litigation Management," chapter, Inside the Minds: Technology Law Client Strategies, 2007; "Navigating the IT Outsourcing and Procurement Process," chapter, CIO Wisdom II: More Best Practices – Harris Kern Enterprise Computing Institute, 2006; and "Securing the Whole Enterprise: Business and Legal Issues," an article he co-wrote with Thomas Costello, IT Professional, 2006
- Can be contacted at 215-514-8736 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.