Get comfortable utilizing Microsoft® Excel® to process and analyze data in a legal environment.
Microsoft Excel® is all about managing data. This topic will show how to manipulate that data with cell formatting, template and themes, conditional formatting, and not forgetting concatenate or not to concatenate. Learn how charts and pivot tables can help with getting that data under control. And delve into that world of functions and formulas.
Why Is Excel Training for Paralegals Important?
Microsoft® Excel® is not just ubiquitous in legal firms and most office settings. It can be a powerful tool in a number of legal applications. Paralegals can use Microsoft® Excel® to:
- Organize invoices, financials, bill payments due and other financial matters
- Organize and order contact information
- Track schedules
- Stay organized with research
- Create charts and tables for reports
- Add and sum up numbers and figures
- Create spreadsheets
- Print information stored on Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets
- Make timeline exhibits
- Create searchable bates numbers for litigation matters
- Keep track of document numbers and relevant document data related to cases
- Calendar court dates
- Running analysis on longer privilege logs
- Prepare statistics with Pivot Tables
Microsoft® Excel® is important for organizing and analyzing larger amounts of data, and it helps simplify internal tasks at any legal practice. Although Microsoft® Excel® is intuitive, there are many formula, chart and advanced functions that can add layers of functionality and efficiency. Microsoft® Excel® training for paralegals can help offer you this training, so you can use Microsoft® Excel® in your practice to its fullest potential.
Why Microsoft® Excel® Training for Paralegals?
Paralegals use Microsoft® Excel® frequently to stay organized, and to manage and analyze the large amounts of information law practices process. Training with Microsoft® Excel® lets you master all the functions of this program so you can handle tasks in the best and most time-efficient way possible. With Microsoft® Excel® training, you can learn:
- The latest versions of the program, including new features
- All the features of Microsoft® Excel® which may be relevant at your practice
- Specific ways you can save time when using Microsoft® Excel®
- How to use Microsoft® Excel® in a way which is compliant and keeps your data safe
- How to analyze data, use Microsoft® Excel® to get organized and how to use Microsoft® Excel® to create reports
- How to use Microsoft® Excel® in conjunction with other programs
- Troubleshooting ideas and ways to resolve issues
There are many ways to learn about Microsoft® Excel®, but paralegal-specific training from Lorman is different. A home user exploring Microsoft® Excel®, for example, may not need to prioritize security or may not be as concerned about time savings as someone working in a busy legal practice.
Microsoft® Excel® training designed specifically for legal professionals addresses exactly paralegals use the program. With Lorman Education Services, you will not need to spend time learning features or concepts you will not need for your job. You can also choose the training most relevant for your experience level.
What Can You Expect From Microsoft® Excel® Training?
After taking Microsoft® Excel® training, you can use the program more efficiently at your practice. For example, if you need to mail judgements a specific number of days before a hearing, Microsoft® Excel® can help you calculate when they need to be mailed and how to account for mailing times. You can learn how to automate some tasks, create billable time databases and find information in larger spreadsheets. You will learn how to create charts and graphs and use the program to make you a more effective paralegal.
Training allows you to accomplish tasks more quickly, without the frustration of trying to make the program work. It allows you to face computer tasks with more confidence by allowing you to understand how Microsoft® Excel® works in a legal environment. You’ll learn the specific tools and features that will provide the most impact every day.
Could You Gain an Advantage From Microsoft® Excel® Training?
If you are a paralegal who works routinely with Microsoft® Excel®, training can help you make the most of your time by teaching you more program features and familiarizing you with the latest versions of the program.
If you are just graduating or want to expand your career opportunities, honing your Microsoft® Excel® skills allows you to add the training to your CV and expand your career opportunities. It shows initiative and highlights your skills.
If you are a paralegal, you can use this training from Lorman Education Services to fulfill the requirements of the Certifying Board for Legal Assistants of the National Association of Legal Assistants and to meet the continuing education credit needed for the CP (Certified Paralegal) credential.
If you are in the legal field and wish to master your knowledge of Microsoft® Excel®, this training for paralegals can also benefit you. If you work in the legal field and use Microsoft® Excel® but have struggled to make the most of its features or have become frustrated with it, this training delivers the robust industry-specific training you may find useful.
If you’re not sure how to use Adobe Acrobat to save data as a spreadsheet, haven’t used pivot tables, are not sure how to filter data in spreadsheets or struggle to calculate information within the program, Microsoft® Excel® can help. Microsoft® Excel® training for paralegals teaches you to use the program in a legal setting, so you won’t be covering irrelevant information.
If you have never used auto-complete series and auto fill formulas or don’t know how to switch data from rows to columns, Microsoft® Excel® training for paralegals can help. With Microsoft® Excel® training from Lorman Education Services, you will learn the smart ways to save redundant work while keeping records that are more accurate.
Why Lorman Education Services for Microsoft® Excel® Training?
Lorman Education Services offers Microsoft® Excel® designed for paralegals and legal professionals. Training from Lorman Education Services is updated often and is developed by some of the best minds in your field, ensuring you receive training designed to achieve results. Lorman Education Services has already helped more than 1.4 million professionals — including paralegals — attain the training they need for professional development, professional credentials and new job opportunities.
Lorman Education Services also understands you may not have days or weeks to learn Microsoft® Excel®. Our training solutions are designed to get you using Microsoft® Excel® right away. Lorman understands legal professionals have limited time, which is why Microsoft® Excel® is offered in formats you can access at your own time. You can master Microsoft® Excel® from any mobile device at home, during breaks or in the office. If you would like in-person training or custom solutions for your legal practice, you can also contact Lorman Education Services for more information.
An All-Access Pass from Lorman Education Services is a year-long investment. You can learn about Microsoft® Excel® and choose from thousands of educational solutions to develop your skills. If you ever have a question about Microsoft® Excel® or a related topic, you can access the training materials at any time from a computer or mobile device. You can review your training as often as necessary to gain an in-depth understanding of the program.
Lorman is always developing new training materials. If a new version of Microsoft® Excel® is released, Lorman will quickly develop training materials for it, so you can stay on top of any relevant software changes. With an All-Access Pass, you will have instant access to new training material as soon as it is developed.
If you are a paralegal, legal professional or entering the legal field and have ever been frustrated by Microsoft® Excel®, have had trouble getting spreadsheets to work correctly or have wondered whether there is more to the program to help you, flexible and versatile Microsoft® Excel® training from Lorman is designed specifically for you. Sign up with an All-Access Pass at Lorman Education Services today to gain access.
More Program Information
- F4 Factor
- Paste Special
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Template or Themes
- Manipulating Themes
- Changing Your Default Settings
- Concatenate or Not Concatenate
- Go to
- Sorting It All out
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Scrolling
- Protect Your Worksheets / Workbooks
- Bars, Pies, Histograms - Oh My
- Creating Charts
- How Pivot Tables Are Used in Data Analysis
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Relative vs Absolute
More Program Information
This course was last revised on November 22, 2019.
Call 1-866-352-9540 for further credit information.
- NALA 1.6
- This program is applicable for continuing legal assistant education credit. Please check with your accrediting board to see if this course will qualify towards your recertification requirements.
Program Length: 1.6 hour(s).
This program does NOT qualify, nor meet the National Standard for NASBA accreditation.
More Program Information
Jill A. Trehearne
- Over 20 years in the IT industry, including 8 years working at Microsoft® Corporation as a support engineer and content lead
- President of FatDAWGS.com
- Windows® system engineer for various other companies including a major health provider group
- Experienced working on multiple Six Sigma Green Belt projects while at Microsoft®
- As part of a Green Belt team won the Microsoft® Excellence in Business Award
- As content lead, wrote technical support articles for Office® and Microsoft® Home products
- Through FatDAWGS.com, along with Jay Carlson, co-wrote OfficeFest 2007, a self-published series of training modules that includes “Using Microsoft® Excel® for Financial Analysis”, “Microsoft® Excel® PivotTables and Charts”, as well as “Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft® Excel® 2007”
- Develops and designs websites, designs iPhone graphics, co-develops Commercial SQL solutions
- Associates degree in applied sciences – graphic design, Illinois Central College; continuing education with University of Maryland, Europe Division, and various certificates of learning while on the job
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.