Gain an understanding on how to enforce subpoenas under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45.
Parties commonly use subpoenas in civil litigation to obtain evidence during discovery from corporations, individuals and other entities that are not parties to a lawsuit. This topic will highlight the key issues that attorneys should consider when seeking to enforce subpoenas in federal civil litigation under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45.
More Program Information
Best Practice Tips for Enforcing Compliance With FRCP 45 Subpoenas
Considering Appropriate Jurisdiction and Court to Seek Compliance With the Subpoena
- Obtaining Admission Before Seeking to Enforce the Subpoena
- Reviewing the Applicable Jurisdiction's Local Rules and Any Standing Orders or Rules From Applicable Court
Determining Appropriate Motion(s) to File Such as:
- Motions to Compel Under FRCP 37
- Motions for Contempt Sanctions and/or to Compel Compliance Under FRCP 45
Determining Procedure and Requirements for Preparing and Filing Motions
More Program Information
This course was last revised on October 3, 2019.
Call 1-866-352-9540 for further credit information.
- AK CLE 1.5
- Alaska attorneys may receive 1.5 hours of continuing legal education for completing this program. Please contact the Alaska Bar Association or go to www.alaskabar.org for details regarding reciprocity with other states.
- AL CLE 1.4
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.4 hours credit.
- Arizona CLE 1.5
- The Arizona State Bar does not pre-approve or pre-certify MCLE programs. However, records of this program and attendance will be maintained by Lorman Education Services for auditing purposes. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CO CLE 2.0
- Lorman Education Services is a Certified Provider, as recognized by the Colorado Supreme Court Continuing Legal and Judicial Education Committee. This program is approved for 2.0 credit hours.
- CT CLE 1.0
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.0 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.25
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.25 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.25
- This course was approved for a total of 1.25 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- ME CLE 1.0
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.0 hours of CLE credit under M. Bar R. 12.
- MN CLE 1.25
- This program has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.25 hours of credit.
- MT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Montana Commission of Continuing Legal Education for a total of 1.5 CLE credits.
- ND CLE 1.25
- North Dakota CLE policy does not allow for pre-approval of any self-study courses. This course may qualify for up to 1.25 hours of CLE credit.
- NH MCLE 1.4
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this Ondemand course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 82 Minutes.
- NY CLE 1.5 including Areas of Professional Practice 1.5
- This course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York Continuing Legal Education Board for up to a maximum of 1.5 credit hours in the area(s) of Areas of Professional Practice for 1.50 hours. Each hour may be counted only as satisfying one category of credit. Duplicate credit for the same hour of instruction is not permitted. This course qualifies for both established and newly admitted attorneys. Lorman Business Center, LLC. has a financial hardship guideline. Please contact customer service at 1.866.352.9539 for instructions on how to apply.
- OR CLE 1.5
- Approved for 1.5 CLE credits in Oregon.
- PA CLE 1.0
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.0 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- UT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE hours.
- VA CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Virginia Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- VT CLE 1.5
- This self-study program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hour(s) of CLE credit. Please note: Attorneys may only claim 6 credits per compliance period in this format. This course is considered "Non-Moderated Programming without Interactivity".
- WA CLE 1.25
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.25 hours of A/V credit under the Law & Legal Procedure category.
To earn each credit Lorman offers through the OnDemand learning platform, you need to watch 100% of the program. Also, for certain credits you will need to fulfill additional requirements which will be displayed on the "credits" tab when viewing the course.
Virginia MCLE requirements do not allow approval for programs that do not include an audio or audiovisual component.
This program was previously offered as a live webinar. Virginia MCLE requirements do not allow approval for attendance at duplicate programs.
This program does NOT qualify, nor meet the National Standard for NASBA accreditation.
More Program Information
King & Spalding
- Co-leads King & Spalding’s e-discovery practice
- In the 2019 Chambers rankings, was praised as a great negotiator and strategist and an expert in her field and it shows
- Never caught off guard by a question and has a wealth of real-world expertise to back up her legal advice
- Chambers also noted she acts as e-discovery counsel for an enviable roster of clients, bringing substantial experience and expertise to government investigations, class actions and multidistrict litigation
- Recognized for e-discovery in Chambers nationally since 2013 and globally since 2014 and was recognized in the e-discovery section of Who's Who Legal: Litigation since 2017
- Recently named as a Leading Lawyer in the 2019 edition of Legal 500, 1 of only 7 lawyers to receive that distinction
- Actively engaged in e-discovery thought leadership, member of the Steering Committee of Working Group 1of The Sedona Conference on Best Practices for Electronic Discovery and Records Management
- Sits on the advisory board of the Georgetown Law Advanced E-discovery Institute
- Adjunct professor on e-discovery at the University of Georgia School of Law
- A certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- J.D. degree, Yeshiva University; B.A. degree, SUNY at Binghamton
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.