Data mapping and Information Risk Management can help keep your information safe, accessible, and reliable in the age of cyber-attacks and threats.
In the digitized world of the twenty-first century, it is more important than ever for every organization to know as much as possible about the information it creates, stores, received and maintains. You will learn how to: develop multipurpose menus or charts of key storage locations and contents; use data-mapping to achieve day-to-day efficiencies in operations and retrieval and to comply with various privacy laws; manage and minimize risks of smoking gun content, data leakages and excessive costs and be better prepared for e-discovery for incident-response, government inquiries and litigation.
More Program Information
Technology and Information-Risk-Management (IRM)
- Electronically Stored Information (ESI) Liability Risks
- Smoking Gun Content
- DataSecurity and Privacy Risks
- Records-Retention and EIM Regimes
- OverSaving Costs
- UnderSaving Risks
Benefits to Be Derived From Data Mapping
- E-discovery/Litigation Preparedness and Risk-Insulation
- Destruction Safe Harbor
- Governance, Risk-Management and Compliance (GRC),GDPR, CCPA (and Other Burgeoning Regimes) Compliance
Descriptions and Excerpts of Different Kinds of Maps
More Program Information
This course was last revised on November 11, 2019.
Call 1-866-352-9540 for further credit information.
- AK CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- Alaska attorneys may receive 1.5 hours of continuing legal education, including 1.50 hours of ethics credit for completing this program. Please contact the Alaska Bar Association or go to www.alaskabar.org for details regarding reciprocity with other states.
- AL CLE 1.6 including Ethics 1.6
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.6 hours' credit, including 1.6 hours of ethics credit.
- Arizona CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- The Arizona State Bar does not pre-approve or pre-certify MCLE programs. However, records of this program and attendance will be maintained by Lorman Education Services for auditing purposes. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 1.50 hours of professional responsibility.
- CA MCLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit, of which includes 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- CO CLE 2.0 including Ethics 2
- Lorman Education Services is a Certified Provider, as recognized by the Colorado Supreme Court Continuing Legal and Judicial Education Committee. This program is approved for 2.0 credit hour(s) including 2.0 ethics credit(s).
- CT CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.5 CLE credit(s) including 1.50 hour(s) of ethics credit.
- HI CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credit hours including 1.50 ethics credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.5 including Legal Ethics 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
The Illinois Commission on Professionalism has also approved this course for the following credit: Legal Ethics for 1.50 hours.
- ME CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit including 1.50 ethics hours under M. Bar R. 12.
- MN CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hours of credit, including 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- MT CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Montana Board of Continuing Legal Education for a total of 1.5 CLE credits, which includes 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- NC CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5; Technology 1.5
- This program has been approved by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE hours, including 1.50 hour(s) of ethics. This course also satisfies the Technology credit requirement.
- ND CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- North Dakota CLE policy does not allow for pre-approval of any self-study courses. This course may qualify for up to 1.5 hours of CLE credit, including 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- NH MCLE 1.6 including Ethics 1.6
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this Ondemand course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for 93 minutes of ethics credit.
- NM CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program has been approved by the New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of credit, including 1.5 hours of ethics credit.
- NY CLE 1.5 including Ethics and Professionalism 1.5
- This course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York Continuing Legal Education Board for up to a maximum of 1.5 credit hours in the area(s) of Ethics and Professionalism for 1.50 hours. Each hour may be counted only as satisfying one category of credit. Duplicate credit for the same hour of instruction is not permitted. This course qualifies for credit for established attorneys only. Lorman Business Center, LLC. has a financial hardship guideline. Please contact customer service at 1.866.352.9539 for instructions on how to apply.
- PA CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours including 1.50 hours of ethics, professionalism or substance abuse CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 hours of CLE credit, including 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- UT CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE hours, including 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- VT CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This self-study program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hour(s) of CLE credit including 1.50 hour(s) of ethics credit. Please note: Attorneys may only claim 6 credits per compliance period in this format. This course is considered "Non-Moderated Programming without Interactivity".
- WA CLE 1.5 including Ethics 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hours of A/V credit, including 1.50 hours of ethics credit.
- WV MCLE 1.8 including Ethics 1.8
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.8 MCLE hours, including 1.8 hours of ethics credit.
- NALA 1.5 including Ethics 1.55
- This program is applicable for continuing legal assistant education credit. Please check with your accrediting board to see if this course will qualify towards your recertification requirements.
Program Length: 1.5 hour(s) including 1.55 hour(s) of ethics credit.
To earn each credit Lorman offers through the OnDemand learning platform, you need to watch 100% of the program. Also, for certain credits you will need to fulfill additional requirements which will be displayed on the "credits" tab when viewing the course.
This program does NOT qualify, nor meet the National Standard for NASBA accreditation.
More Program Information
Robert D. Brownstone, Esq.
Fenwick & West LLP
- Technology and e-discovery counsel, and Electronic-Information-Management (EIM) group chair at Fenwick & West LLP, a 300+ attorney, Silicon Valley based, national law firm where he has been a lawyer and technologist for 20 years
- Advises clients and colleagues on retention/destruction policies/ protocols, information security, data privacy, all sorts of electronic information management, electronic discovery, eWorkplace policies and social media rewards and risks
- Nationwide conference chair, panel moderator, speaker and writer on many law and technology issues, including on the www.ITLawToday.com blog
- Has taught electronic discovery law and process nationwide a dozen times at four law schools
- Periodically quoted in the mainstream and legal press as a source on electronic information issues
- Educational Advisory Board member of: National Employment Law Institute (NELI), ALM Legal Tech, ASU/Arkfeld and Rutgers U. Big Data
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School; B.A. degree, Swarthmore College
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
- Full bio and extensive bibliography at https://www.fenwick.com/professionals/Pages/bobbrownstone_insights.aspx
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.