Learn to recognize and handle bribery cases in a professional manner.
Understand your responsibilities for FCPA compliance and obtain insight into identifying red flags. This topic helps the persons responsible for FCPA compliance obtain a better understanding of FCPA, including compliance requirements and enforcement trends. We will discuss recent enforcement actions and settlements in key industries and geographies, as well as the hallmarks of an effective FCPA compliance program. Lastly, the content will provide insight into identifying corruption/ bribery red flags across a business’ global operations and focus on internal control red flags which the regulators have cited in recent enforcement actions.
More Program Information
|Bribery Case Fundamentals for Corporate Attorneys|
|Hallmarks of an Effective FCPA Compliance Program|
|Identifying Red Flags|
More Program Information
Live Webinar Registration
- AK CLE 1.5
- Alaska attorneys may receive 1.5 hours of continuing legal education for completing this program. Please contact the Alaska Bar Association or go to www.alaskabar.org for details regarding reciprocity with other states.
- AL CLE 1.5
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.5 hours credit.
- AR CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved for 1.5 hours of CLE by the Arkansas CLE Board.
- Arizona CLE 1.5
- The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.5
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CT CLE 1.5
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.5 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.5
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- ME CLE 1.5
- This course has been approved by the State of Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar. Lawyers who complete this course shall receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit under M. Bar R. 12.
- MN CLE 1.5 (Pending)
- This program has been submitted to the Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education. Approval pending.
- MO CLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the Missouri Bar for 1.8 hours of CLE.
- MS CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours.
- ND CLE 1.5
- This program has been reviewed by the North Dakota Commission for Continuing Legal Education and approved for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- NH MCLE 1.5
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 90 Minutes.
- NJ CLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit.
- NM CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of credit.
- NV CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE hours.
- NY CLE 1.5 including Skills 1.5
- This course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York Continuing Legal Education Board for up to a maximum of 1.5 credit hours in the area(s) of Skills for 1.50 hours. Each hour may be counted only as satisfying one category of credit. Duplicate credit for the same hour of instruction is not permitted. This course qualifies for credit for established attorneys only. Lorman Business Center, LLC. has a financial hardship guideline. Please contact customer service at 1.866.352.9539 for instructions on how to apply.
- PA CLE 1.5
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- TN CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved as a distance learning format by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education for a maximum of 1.5 hours of credit.
- UT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE hours.
- VA CLE 1.5 (Pending)
- This program has been submitted to the Virginia Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
- VT CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.5 hours of CLE credit.
- WI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.8 MCLE hours.
- NALA 1.5
- This program is applicable for continuing legal assistant education credit. Please check with your accrediting board to see if this course will qualify towards your recertification requirements.
Program Length: 1.5 hour(s).
This program does NOT qualify, nor meet the National Standard for NASBA accreditation.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is primarily designed for attorneys. Other legal professionals may also benefit from attending.
More Program Information
- Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Advisory Services LLC in Washington, D.C.
- A licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a Certified Fraud Examiner, and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Over 20 years of public accounting experience and focuses on anti-corruption/FCPA matters, including due diligence, internal investigations, and compliance assessments
- Represented clients before the United States Department of Justice as well as the Securities and Exchange Commission; he has significant experience in helping clients design their anti-corruption compliance programs, conducting anti-corruption investigations, enhancing clients' existing anti-bribery/corruption (ABAC) policies and procedures, and benchmark compliance frameworks against regulatory expectations
- Frequently speaks on anti-corruption topics and has been a featured speaker at national and international conferences, including Lorman, ABA, ACI and PLI events
- Associate (non-lawyer) member of the American Bar Association's Criminal Justice and International Law sections
- B.C. degree, University of Mumbai, India
Foley & Lardner LLP
- Partner at Foley & Lardner LLP in Washington, D.C.
- Former federal prosecutor, member of the firm's Government Enforcement Defense & Investigations Practice, and Co-Chair of the firm's multidisciplinary Cannabis Industry team
- Most recently served as a trial attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice's (DOJ) Criminal Division, Fraud Section, where he was part of the FCPA Unit, a small group of prosecutors responsible for global enforcement of the FCPA
- Led numerous investigations into alleged violations of the FCPA by major corporations and individuals across multiple industries and spanning six continents
- Served as counsel to the Assistant Attorney General, advising Criminal Division leadership on issues including white-collar criminal law enforcement policy and strategies
- Honored with the Attorney General's Award for Exceptional Service, the highest award given by the Department of Justice, and the FBI Director's Award for Excellence, the highest award given by the Federal Bureau of Investigations
- J.D. degree, The George Washington University Law School; bachelor's degree, University of California
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.