Gain valuable insight into the ethical landscape and learn to recognize, identify, and be prepared for common ethical “traps.”
Most businesspersons truly intend to act with honesty and integrity, but the ethical landscape can be more complicated than most can foresee. Ethical landmines await the unwitting and the unprepared. Ethical dilemmas occur when competing values are involved or when multiple stakeholders have diverging interests. Ethical standards may pull in opposite directions. No option satisfies all ethical needs. There is more bad news. The decision to act ethically often carries a high personal price. Ethical conduct and a need for courage are frequently inseparable. It is hard to act ethically when you are the one who will pay the cost of integrity, but it can be even harder when a co-worker or family will suffer. Ethics education must be an ongoing and committed part of any business. Future business leaders must be trained to recognize and confront difficult ethical issues. This topic will scan the ethical landscape and help businesspersons to recognize, identify, and be prepared for common ethical “traps.” It will survey ethical foundations, general principles of ethical business behavior, business and employees, business and customers/public, and business and investors.
- You will be able to define workplace respect.
- You will be able to discuss general principles of ethical business behavior.
- You will be able to explain fair pricing.
- You will be able to review ethical foundations.
More Program Information
|General Principles of Ethical Business Behavior|
|Business and Employees|
|Business and Customers/Public|
|Business and Investors|
More Program Information
Live Webinar Registration
- AL CLE 1.5
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.5 hours credit.
- IL CLE 1.5
- This course was approved for a total of 1.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- NJ CLE 1.8
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.8 hours of total CLE credit.
- WA CLE 1.5 including Other 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 hour(s) of credit, including 1.50 hour(s) of credit in the "Other" category.
- WI CLE 1.5
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 1.8 including Law Office Management 1.8
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.8 MCLE hours, including 1.8 hours of law office management credit.
- CPE 1.8 including Behavioral Ethics 1.8
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.8 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Behavioral Ethics for 1.8 hours. Prerequisite: basic knowledge of business financials. Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board.
Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
- Lorman Business Center, Inc. is a registered provider for CPA CPE through the State Education Department of New York, Sponsor number: 000640. The following course will carry the subject area of Specialized Knowledge and Applications for 1.5 hours.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for presidents, vice presidents, corporate counsel, business owners and managers, directors, attorneys. CEOs, CFOs, marketing and sales professionals, controllers, associates and accountants.
More Program Information
William J. Russell, J.D., M.B.A.
Northwest Nazarene University
- Served at NNU as Professor of Business Law and Business Ethics
- Taught ethics, law and entrepreneurship in graduate and undergraduate programs
- Served as General Counsel, Assoc. VP for Advancement, Executive Director for Community & Governmental Relations, Assoc. Dean of the College of Business, Assistant to the President, and Director of the NNU MBA program
- 2010 recipient of the International Award for Teaching Excellence from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs ACBSP members include 650 institutions from 40 countries
- Practiced law as a civil litigator in Boise for 16 years, and then joined Gulf Resources & Chemical Corporation (an NYSE company) and its subsidiary as general counsel and vice president
- Left Gulf and after two years in a consulting practice at KPMG Peat Marwick founded an international consulting company with clients worldwide, which assisted over 70 large U.S. and international companies with nonlitigated solutions to specialized complex business disputes
- He sold his company to join NNU
- During a recent 18 month hiatus from NNU, he served as vice president for Transacction Partners, a cloud-based business financial outsourcing company which worked for churches, nonprofit and profit organization
- Consulted with major corporations and international and local organizations on strategic planning, risk management, governance, and other business matters
- Most popular speaking topic is “Thinking Like Warren Buffett,” a topic which he has been invited to address over three dozen times
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.