... and Other Wandering Workers Who Telecommute From Abroad for Personal Reasons
Technology aids remote work in ways that weren’t possible just years ago. Many different types of jobs that used to be handled at an employer’s workplace are now able to be done remotely. Once the COVID-19 pandemic hit in early 2020 the work-from-home trend that was already growing just exploded. What felt like overnight, millions of on-site workers around the globe switched to telecommuting. This quick worldwide transformation to working-from-home inevitably set off logistical problems and legal challenges. Among the more complex issues are the “global covid nomads” - employees that COVID-19 transformed into telecommuters who then slipped away to work from new homes in foreign countries. This white paper reviews the legal issues around global covid nomads.
Donald C. Dowling, Jr.
Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Shareholder at Littler Mendelson, P.C., resident in the New York City office
- Littler is the world’s largest law firm dedicated to representing employers in all aspects of employment and labor law
- Has an international legal practice devoted to cross-border employment strategy and international employment projects
- Advises clients, every day, on overseas employment matters affecting multinationals, including global HR policies and codes of conduct
- Has spoken and taught widely on international codes of conduct and other cross-border employment law issues
- Has published hundreds of articles on cross-border employment law issues, including in international law reviews of Cornell and Northwestern Universities
- Former chair of international employment law committees of the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the New York State, Chicago, and Cincinnati bar associations
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 212-471-4488
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.