Special procedures are in place to ensure property owners get fair shot .
The government may not aimlessly take private property under eminent domain proceedings without first exhibiting a base reason that the taking was for a public purpose. To safeguard that the taking is truly made for a public purpose, it is mandatory that the government follow explicit statutory requirements for planning public projects.
Charles B. Jimerson, Esq.
Jimerson Birr, P.A.
- Founded Jimerson Birr, P.A. and is the firm’s managing shareholder and a practice group leader for several areas of emphasis of the firm
- Represents various businesses of all sizes as their go-to counsel for all legal matters, both in court and out of court; leads teams of lawyers focusing in business litigation, construction law, financial services law, corporate transactions and operations, and eminent domain law
- Has significant experience in all stages of litigation, including alternative dispute resolution, negotiation of settlement and litigation of multifaceted commercial matters up through and including trial
- J.D. degree, Levin College of Law, The University of Florida; former United States Air Force active-duty combat meteorologist
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or www.jimersonfirm.com
Brandon C. Meadows, Esq.
Jimerson Birr, P.A.
- Attorney with Jimerson Birr
- Main area of practice is in real property litigation, commercial litigation, financial services litigation, business torts and creditors' rights, representing lenders, business owners and commercial creditors throughout the State of Florida and the Southeastern United States
- Currently represents regional and community lenders and financial institutions in matters ranging from complex loan workouts and commercial collections to lender liability disputes and loan participation issues
- Regular contributor and blog writer at Lexology (www.lexology.com) and Jimerson Birr(http://www.jimersonfirm.com/blog/category/florida-business-litigation)
- Currently licensed to practice law in the State of Florida, and admitted in all federal district courts in Florida
- A member of and/or has volunteered and served various associations, committees, and professional and trade organizations, including but not limited to: The Florida Bar (Business Law Section); The Jacksonville Bar Association; The University of Florida, Law Alumni Council; The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce; Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- J.D. degree, University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he served as executive editor of the Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, and as president of the University of Florida Trial Team
- Can be contacted at 904-389-0050 or [email protected] and website is http://www.jimersonfirm.com/attorneys/brandon-c-meadows/
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.