Fair market value is defined by Revenue Ruling 59-60.
When it comes to valuing and dividing businesses in divorce cases, Revenue Ruling 59-60 provides a list of eight key items that should be considered in a business valuation including the nature of the business and the history of the enterprise from its inception, the economic outlook in general and the condition and outlook of the specific industry, and the book value of the stock and the financial condition of the business, to name a few of the items on the list. This white paper reviews the remaining items on the list and provides more detail on Revenue Ruling 59-60.
Jeffrey W. Brend
Levin & Brend, P.C.
- Partner in the office of Levin & Brend, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of business valuation, forensic accounting, and mediation
- Certified Public Accountant who is qualified as a financial expert to value businesses, determine net income, and complete financial investigations
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops and has spoken nationally to the Association of Fraud Examiners, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, AAML, and the American Society of Appraisers
- Author of several publications about business valuation, forensic accounting, and child custody issues, along with the textbook Accounting for Divorce
- Featured in Fortune Magazine, Newsweek, and on the Sky Radio Network as one of America’s Premier Lawyers; only person in the country who is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers; Accredited Business Valuator with AICPA and a Certified Fraud Examiner; named a LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated attorney and an Illinois Super Lawyer as well as a Top-10 collaborative attorney in Illinois
- Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and is exceptionally qualified to encourage the collaborative process from a multidisciplinary perspective
- J.D. degree, John Marshall Law School
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-726-4440
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.