Gain insight into problem areas of Crummey trusts.
With Crummey trusts, the trustee has certain responsibilities with respect to giving beneficiaries notice of contributions subject to the withdrawal power and with handling any waivers of such withdrawal power by a beneficiary. There are certain defined parameters a grantor must observe to satisfy the IRS’ requirements for a present interest gift. This white paper reviews these parameters and discusses problem areas that beneficiaries may run into, including waivers and informal agreements.
Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Partner with Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Represents individuals and business entities in the areas of business transactions and operations, partnership and corporate taxation, real and personal property transactions, trusts and estates (including sophisticated estate) planning, charitable organizations (formation and operations), employee stock ownership plans and other qualified retirement plans, captive insurance, international transactions and taxation, tax controversies with the IRS, and elder law
- Clients include a regional engineering firm, national advertising agency, regional construction firm, regional stone and interior design firm, and numerous family-owned businesses operating locally, regionally, and internationally
- Frequent speaker and has several publications
- Member of numerous professional and civic organizations
- Achieved the highest rating with Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) in Mobile, 2019; Tax Law in Mobile, 2018-2019; Trusts and Estates in Mobile, 2018-2019
- LL.M. degree, New York University School of Law; J.D. degree, University of Montana School of Law; M.A. and B.A. degrees, University of Montana
- Can be contacted at 251-441-8206 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.