Last-minute compliance tips for paper and electronic filers.
While the IRS extended the ACA deadline to March 2, 2020 for health plan sponsors to furnish individuals IRS Forms 1095-B and 1095-C they did not extend the due date for filing the 2019 Forms 1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C, or 1095-C. Those forms were due February 28, 2020, for paper filers, and are due on March 31, 2020, for electronic filers. This white paper reviews how following a few simple rules will make this process much smoother for both employers and employees for filing electronically.
Eric W. Gregory
Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Attorney in the Troy, Michigan office of Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation law, including qualified retirement plans, welfare plans, and nonqualified compensation programs
- Regularly provides strategic advice and analysis on approaches for employers obligated to contribute to multiemployer pension funds to mitigate withdrawal liability risk
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous employee benefits issues such as pension and withdrawal lability risk during mergers and acquisitions, avoiding litigation risk for sponsors of retirement plans, and employer fiduciary duties under ERISA
- Written several publications related to employee benefits such as Surviving an IRS or DOL Retirement Plan Audit: Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail; Here Comes the Department of Labor: Retirement Plan Audits Begin for Code Section 401(a)(9) Compliance; and Avoiding Payroll Tax Traps for Foreign Employees
- Past chair of State Bar of Michigan Taxation Section’s Employee Benefits Committee, and past chair of Oakland County Bar Association Employee Benefits Committee
- Taxation Council Member, State Bar of Michigan Taxation Section
- Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2020; Michigan Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2016 – Present; Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming Lawyers, Class of 2017; Business Magazine Top Lawyer, Employee Benefits Law, 2016 – Present
- LL.M. degree in taxation, Georgetown University Law Center; J.D. degree, Wayne State University; B.A. degree in political theory and constitutional democracy, Michigan State University, James Madison College; certificate in employee benefits law
- Can be contacted at 248-433-7669 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.