Legal and Ethical Issues
Confidential communication between a client and their attorney with the intention of pursuing or offering legal advice is privileged information. Privilege can be waived in different ways but, the technology-related element of privilege waiver is disclosure. This white paper reviews how disclosure of otherwise privileged information jeopardizes confidentiality and discusses how the three primary threats to attorney-client privilege from the technology front.
Noel R. Bagwell, III, Esq.
- Founder of Lead Again™, a leadership consultancy helping leaders reclaim calm from crisis by developing competence, confidence, and trust (https://www.noelbagwell.com/)
- Operates ExecutiveLP®, a virtual law firm based in Nashville, Tennessee
- Has won numerous awards, including the Tennessee Supreme Court’s Attorney for Justice award for his pro bono work with veteran entrepreneurs, as well as the Clarksville, TN Mayor’s Certificate (2019) for his contributions to the business community in that city, which, in 2019, Money magazine named the Best Place to Live in America.
- Exclusively works with business clients to transform their legal support from a cost center to a profit engine through ExecutiveLP’s legal operations install service, Profit from Legal™, and ExecutiveLP’s Legal Lifeline and Signet™, outside general counsel services
- Author of How to Structure Your Business for Success, a book of legal guidance for startups interested in putting their new venture on a firm legal foundation; Profit from Legal, an upcoming book structuring legal operations around the use of legal key performance indicators to create the conditions necessary for legal support to generate positive ROI for businesses; and numerous print and electronic articles for the Nashville Bar Journal and various blogs
- J.D. degree, Cumberland School of Law at Samford University; Scholar of Merit: Economic Analysis of Law; B.A. degree in Philosophy, minor in international studies, Austin Peay State University
- Can be contacted at 615-716-0606 (option 5), [email protected], LinkedIn® https://www.linkedin.com/company/2779139/; LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13936380/; Twitter @ExecutiveLP; https://www.twitter.com/ExecutiveLP; Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveLP; or Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/profitfromlegal
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.