Learn why internal controls must be evaluated on a routine basis.
Do you know the last time that your company did an internal controls review? Regrettably for some companies, it takes an audit that discovers a material weakness or critical deficiency in its internal controls before they take action. At that point it can be too late. This white paper reviews ten signs that the present state of your company’s internal controls is no longer adequate.
John P. Bennecke
True Partners Consulting
- Regional managing director and national service line leader of True Partners Consulting
- Leads the Tax Process and Control Advisory Services Team (nationally) and Federal Tax practice in Chicago; in addition to his leadership responsibilities he manages tax compliance and consulting for large and mid-size multinational corporate entities, comprised of both public companies and privately held organizations; in this role he provides services in the following specialty serve offerings; Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC740), Tax Provision and Compliance Automation, and Tax Internal Controls Design, Testing, Implementation and Remediation; he also serves on the firm’s accounting periods and methods team, and is actively involved in the Firms federal training
- Frequently sought-after speaker; he has most recently spoken for Bloomberg/BNA, Institute for Professional in Taxation (IPT), The Chicago Tax Club, and previously for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the American Accounting Association, the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Tax Executives Institute Thomson Synergy National Users Conference, and Corptax Annual Users Conference
- Before joining True Partners, he was a senior manager with the lead tax services practice of Deloitte Tax, LLP in Chicago; his 25+ years of experience encompasses both public accounting and industry
- Belongs to The City Club of Chicago, the Chicago Tax Club, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ tax section (former), and the National Association of Tax Practitioners
- Has served on the Board of Directors and is the chair of the revenue development committee of Cara, a nationally recognized Chicago based not-for-profit which provides job placement and educational training for Chicago’s homeless and adults in transition; he also is on the Boards of Clean Slate and 180 Properties
- B.S. degree, DePaul University; Masters of Jurisprudence in Business Law, Loyola University’s law school and Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.