Recognize triggers for reviewing your internal controls.
To comply with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, audit firms carry on with continued efforts relating to their internal controls. Why are they doing this? Statistics show that financial restatements were due to tax accounting issues or tax-related issues. The numbers tied to these issues aren’t a complete shock due to the burden that companies face with the constantly changing rules and guidelines for tax internal controls. This white paper reviews pertinent areas that can help you and your company improve your tax internal control environment.
John P. Bennecke
True Partners Consulting
- Regional managing director and national service line leader of True Partners Consulting
- Leads the Tax Process and Control Advisory Services Team (nationally) and Federal Tax practice in Chicago; in addition to his leadership responsibilities he manages tax compliance and consulting for large and mid-size multinational corporate entities, comprised of both public companies and privately held organizations; in this role he provides services in the following specialty serve offerings; Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC740), Tax Provision and Compliance Automation, and Tax Internal Controls Design, Testing, Implementation and Remediation; he also serves on the firm’s accounting periods and methods team, and is actively involved in the Firms federal training
- Frequently sought-after speaker; he has most recently spoken for Bloomberg/BNA, Institute for Professional in Taxation (IPT), The Chicago Tax Club, and previously for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the American Accounting Association, the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, Tax Executives Institute Thomson Synergy National Users Conference, and Corptax Annual Users Conference
- Before joining True Partners, he was a senior manager with the lead tax services practice of Deloitte Tax, LLP in Chicago; his 25+ years of experience encompasses both public accounting and industry
- Belongs to The City Club of Chicago, the Chicago Tax Club, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ tax section (former), and the National Association of Tax Practitioners
- Has served on the Board of Directors and is the chair of the revenue development committee of Cara, a nationally recognized Chicago based not-for-profit which provides job placement and educational training for Chicago’s homeless and adults in transition; he also is on the Boards of Clean Slate and 180 Properties
- B.S. degree, DePaul University; Masters of Jurisprudence in Business Law, Loyola University’s law school and Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.