It is necessary in all syndicate transactions to contemplate the possibility of a lender defaulting on its obligations.
Alison R. Manzer
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Partner in the Financial Services and Business Law Groups with Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Practice encompasses a broad range of commercial practice in the financial services sector, including financial institution regulation, corporate, and commercial lending, asset-based financing, securitization and structured finance, private equity, project finance, asset finance and leasing, business reorganization, syndicated lending, fund formation and governance, and related areas
- Practice involves multi-jurisdiction transactions where she has expertise in the structuring requirements of financing, investment, and securitization transactions to solve taxation, conflicts of laws, document structure, currency, and rate issues, among others
- Elected as a fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Active with the American Bar Association, member of council, council committee on membership diversity and inclusion; past president, Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys; and Regent American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Lectured and written extensively on legal matters, particularly dealing with financial institution issues
- Books – Canada/U.S. Commercial Law Guide; A Guide to Canadian Money Laundering Legislation; The Bank Act Annotated; A Practical Guide to Canadian Partnership Law; Banking and Credit Relationships, Real Estate Finance in Canada; Asset Based Lending in Canada; Law and International Finance; Halsbury's Laws of Canada - Banking and Finance; Practice Advisor (banking and lending) and Project Finance Canada, all published by national legal text publishers
- Recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory each year starting with its first publication in areas including structured finance, asset/equipment finance, and leasing and banking and financial institutions; recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global and Chambers Canada for banking and finance; The Best Lawyers in America and best lawyers in Canada for equipment finance law; the Guide to the World's Leading Banking Lawyers; IFLR 1000 Banking; Financial Services Legal 500 Canada Banking and Finance; Leading U.S./Canada Cross-Border Lawyer and the Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law (banking and finance); and a distinguished rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Completed the Canadian Securities Course and the advanced securities programs, Canadian Investment Finance I and II with the Canadian Securities Institute
- Adjunct professor - Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto (International Finance)
- LL.B. law degree, LL.M. degree in banking and financial services, B.Sc. Hon. degree in biochemistry, MSc. degree (Bus Res), M.B.A., and DBA
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.