Companies use sweepstakes and contests as a way to create buzz or excitement about a specific product, service or promotion. These promotions generally seem fair and straightforward; however, there are a number of federal and state legal requirements that must be met if a company seeks to use a sweepstakes or contest to promote its business venture. If the necessary legal requirements are not met, a promotion may be considered an illegal lottery prohibited by state and federal law. Even though a promotion may not be considered an illegal lottery, it will still be regulated by federal and state laws regarding sweepstakes and contests. Download this white paper to learn about the legal issues with sweepstakes and contests.
- Review the definition of an illegal lottery.
- Identify special rules related to sweepstakes and contests.
- Review federal legal requirements.
- Learn about required legal documentation and record-keeping requirements.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.