Solar policy plays an important role in developing solar energy.
As part of the Grow Solar Partnership, toolkits have been assembled to equip local governments in several states, including Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. These toolkits provide information regarding solar development as it relates to planning, zoning, and permitting. This white paper reviews the purpose of these toolkits and how they can assist communities in addressing barriers to solar energy.
Brian Ross, AICP, LEED GA
Great Plains Institute
- Program director at the Great Plains Institute, manages renewable energy technical assistance, assisted dozens of local governments across multiple states on zoning, programs, from Colorado to Illinois
- 25 years of direct experience in local and regional land use planning, managed dozens of comprehensive plans and zoning updates for cities across the Midwest
- Co-author of the American Planning Association’s Planning for Solar Energy PAS Report
- Authored Local Government Solar Energy Toolkits for four states (MN, IL, WI, IA), including model solar ordinances tailored to each state’s statutory enabling language
- SolSmart National Criteria Advisory Committee, developing the best practice criteria for this national solar-ready certification program for local governments
- Project leader for a national Solar Energy Innovation Network team, working with the National Renewable Energy Lab
- Conducts national trainings and webinars on solar planning and zoning; multiple trainings at APA’s National Planning Conference, multiple State APA conferences, Solar Power International, Smart Growth Network, National SolSmart webinar trainings, Sustainable States Network
- M.A. degree in urban and regional planning, University of Iowa
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 612-767-7296
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.