Minimize the risk of veil piercing
LLC agreements should contain provisions carefully documenting member contributions but particularly of real property contributions to real property LLCs, and these contributions should also be properly formalized in real property deeds, in records in the relevant registry of deeds, and in any other documents required or customary under applicable state real estate law and practice. Acknowledging the need for valid documentation of real property contributions to the LLC will limit headaches down the line. To protect not only the members but also the above real property, members should be instructed about the measures they must take in order to minimize the risk that their statutory liability shield will be negated by a veil-piercing claim. This white paper reviews these issues as well as the importance of taking reasonable measures to ensure the statutes and provisions available under the governing LLC act.
John M. Cunningham
McLane Middleton, P.A.
- Former trial attorney with the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice and a former member of the International Trade and Tax Department of Baker McKenzie LLP
- Author of Maximizing Pass-Through Deductions Under Internal Revenue Code Section 199A, published by Wolters Kluwer, an international legal and tax information service
- Practice is focused on LLC formations and other transactions involving LLC law and tax and on advising clients on how to structure their businesses to maximize their section 199A pass-through deductions, section 199A services have saved his clients tens of thousands of dollars in federal income taxes
- Author of Drafting Limited Liability Company Operating Agreements, also published by Wolters Kluwer, leading U.S. LLC formbook and practice manual
- Former chair of both the corporate and tax sections of the New Hampshire Bar Association
- Chaired and was a principal author of the Revised New Hampshire Limited Liability Company Act
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.