Gain an understanding of the concept of pardons in the legal system.
A federal pardon in the United States is the action of the President of the United States that completely sets aside the punishment for a federal crime. The authority to take such action is granted to the president by Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution. A pardon is one form of the clemency power of the president, the others being commutation of sentence, remission of fine or restitution, and reprieve. This white paper reviews how far the president’s clemency power extends.
James L. Bell, Esq.
The Bell Law Firm, P.A.
- Founder and senior partner in The Bell Law Firm, P.A., formerly Bell, Thames, Strait & McCall, with offices in Charleston, SC and Jacksonville, Florida
- Practice includes federal civil trial law, tort litigation, medical malpractice litigation, personal injury, arbitration and mediation, and international law
- Member of The Florida Bar for over thirty years (past member of the Professional Ethics Committee) and the South Carolina Bar (past member of the Ethics Advisory Committee); has also been a member of the Federal Bar Association, the American Association of Justice, and is a past board member and president for the Florida Legal Services, Inc; and has served on the Florida Bar Foundation Board of Governors
- Honored as one of America’s Most Honored Lawyers in 2020 ( The America Registry)
- A member of the United States Supreme Court; Florida Supreme Court; United States Tax Court; United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals of Richmond, VA; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals at New Orleans, LA; Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals at Atlanta, GA; United States District Court, Southern District of Florida; United States District Court, Middle District of Florida; United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Extensive history of community and Bar volunteer services
- Admitted to the Pro Bono Honor Roll by the Supreme Court of South Carolina on March 3, 2021
- His community volunteer services include assisting with the Boys Club, the YMCA and the Red Cross during several disasters and hurricanes: he volunteered to give free insurance coverage advice in Fort Lauderdale after recent hurricanes and has assisted legal service agencies with state and federal civil ligation matters
- Currently a member of the Alternate Dispute Section of the Florida Bar and is a volunteer with Florida Free Legal Answers project sponsored by the American Bar Association
- Written numerous legal articles for the Florida Bar, the South Carolina Bar and other professional publications and has also participated in Continuing Legal Education seminars over the last 25 years in California, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina, and several medical legal issue seminars, including “Medical Records Seminar - HIPPA Regulations, ” in Charleston, South Carolina and Miami, FL. (April 2009) and HIPPA Medical Documentation Requirements in Florida, Lorman
- Has continually participated in CLE seminars during entire his legal career
- J.D. and B.A. degrees, University of South Carolina
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.