The use of force is a much debated topic in the world of law enforcement, both among law enforcement officers and the general public. While many people have the perception that police officers use force arbitrarily, there are general standards that govern the use of force which all officers must adhere to. Individual discretion and circumstance are often pitted against such guidelines as the use of force continuum, which provides a general outline for the progression of force as it relates to the actions of a suspect. This guide will cover the basic guidelines and considerations related to the use of force in law enforcement.
- Learn the types of force used.
- Review rules of using force.
- Identify lethal and non lethal weapons in using force.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.