Review developments that have occurred with significant rulings and reported developments by the NLRB.
In the majority of cases where an employee’s deviation from the scope or course of employment is neither slight nor extreme or marked, or where the surrounding facts and circumstances permit legitimate inferences as to whether the deviation was still within the business of the employer, the jury or fact finder will determine whether the complained of actions by an agent occurred within the scope of employment. For most businesses, the greatest potential consequence of employee misuse of social media on the job involves the loss of trade secret protection of business or economic data, along with increased litigation risks. This white paper reviews the doctrine of vicarious liability and potential liability concerns and discusses other types of confidentiality and the May 2020 OSHA memo regarding COVID-19.
Ambrose V. McCall
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Partner of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Represents a number of employers regarding employer monitoring and privacy issues and related claims by employees before courts and governmental agencies
- Advises clients on a range of employment issues, including state and federal regulatory laws, compliance, handbooks, and employee programs
- Defends clients against claims of employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, and civil rights
- Represents a number of clients in commercial litigation, including breach of contract, real estate, and construction claims
- Clients include a wide variety of insurers, professionals, and business firms throughout Illinois
- J.D. degree, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.