What is a limited liability company?
A limited liability company, otherwise knows as an LLC, is a business entity that is authorized by specific legislation in most states of the United States and in many foreign countries. In almost every instance, the state or county in question issues a charter to the LLC upon its formation. The most significant characteristic possessed by LLCs is part of its name, that is, it provides limited liability. In this regard, it is very similar to a corporation. This white paper answers several other questions surrounding LLCs, and provides examples of what LLCs can look like.
Jeffrey R. Matsen, Esq.
Bohm Wildish & Matsen, LLP
- Founder of Matsen Law and “of Counsel” to Bohm Wildish & Matsen, LLP
- Practices encompasses Business Formation and Transactional Matters, Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Probate, Tax & Real Estate
- Designated on the Nation’s “Top 100 Attorneys” by Worth magazine and one of Southern California “Super Lawyers” by Los Angeles magazine. Achieved the highest rating with Martindale Hubble Law Director and AVVO
- Frequent speaker and author of numerous publications. Author of the ABA Publication The ABA Guide to Asset Protection Planning
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of California Los Angeles; B.A. degree, cum laude, Brigham Young University
- Can be reached at 714-384-6580
Bohm Wildish & Matsen, LLP
- Associate attorney with Bohm Wildish & Matsen, LLP
- Practice focuses on estate planning and assisting business owners and high net worth individuals to protect their assets, decrease their tax liabilities, and plan for future generations
- Represents fiduciaries in complex probate, trust administration, and trust litigation matters
- An active member of the Trust & Estates Section of the Orange County Bar Association, the Orange County Chapter of the USD Law Alumni Association, and The Elite OC – Young Professionals Giving Back
- During law school, he received the Albert and Mae Lee Memorial Scholarship, recognizing strong scholastic ability and outstanding moral character; served as the comments editor for the San Diego Journal of Climate & Energy Law; and wrote a student comment selected for publication , 6 San Diego J. Climate & Energy L. 247 (2015)
- J.D. degree, University of San Diego School of Law; undergraduate degree, University of California, San Diego
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.