Effective networking expands your circle of contacts and, by extension, your sphere of influence.
“I attend a variety of networking events and marvel and the basic and banal mistakes I see would-be networkers making. It’s enough to make me want to write an article!
Networking is about meeting new people, letting them meet you, and prospecting for jobs, contracts, clients and more. Effective networking expands your circle of contacts, and by extension, your sphere of influence. It also helps your networking partner! Ineffective networking tires you out and discourages you by its lack of productivity. Worse yet, on occasion, you can actually leave a bad impression with strangers. Beware the following networking mistakes.
1. Bad networkers mumble! A mumble is a speaking stumble. People mumble their name, their occupation and their titles all the time. “
Download this white paper to continue reading …
Craig Harrison is the founder of Expressions of Excellence!™, a full service training firm. He provides sales and service solutions for organizations, and communication and leadership skills for individuals. He Mr. Harrison is the author of Stellar Service: Merge NOW with WOW to Win Customers for Life! (www.mergenowwithwow.com), as well as a series of books on communication and leadership, a pocketbook on leadership, three tips booklets, a CD, and hundreds of published articles on sales and service, communication, leadership, excellence and more.
Expressions of Excellence! (TM)
- Founder of Expressions of Excellence!™, a full-service training firm helping sales and service professionals engage and express, sell, and excel in the marketplace
- Coaches organizations to tell their and their client's success stories, design and deliver great customer experiences, and communicate for success
- Author of Stellar Service: Merge NOW with WOW to Win Customers for Life! (www.mergenowwithwow.com)
- Author of the Good, Better … BEST! series of books on communication and leadership, a pocketbook on leadership, three tips booklets, a CD, and hundreds of published articles on sales and service, communication, leadership, excellence, and more
- Founding president, dean emeritus of the Speakers Academy of National Speakers Association — Northern California chapter
- Instructor, University of California Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley Campus since 2001
- Interviewed John Wooden, Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger and Harvey Mackay, and has been interviewed by 60 Minutes, BBC Radio, and Financial Times of London
- Clients include Pfizer, McKesson, Plantronics, ATT, headsets.com, U.S. Army, nolo.com, Hilton Hotels, dozens of national and regional associations including NSA, MPI, CalSAE, HSMAE, CIBC, HDI, PMI, NAPO, NACE, and SGMP
- Senior consultant, www.TheConsultingTeam.com, facilitating positive change
- Can be reached at 510-547-0664, [email protected], or www.ExpressionsOfExcellence.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.