A thorough, effective investigation of possible misconduct is a critical component to any employer’s compliance system.
A variety of federal and state laws require employers to respond effectively to allegations of employee misconduct. How an employer responds to a complaint of misconduct, particularly in conducting a thorough and effective fact-finding investigation, may be as important as whether the misconduct actually occurred. This is particularly true in the sexual harassment area but applies in other areas of investigations as well. This white paper reviews the importance of both proper and well-publicized complaint procedures and the importance of a prompt and thorough response to complaints.
George S. Howard, Jr.
- Of counsel in the law firm of Jones Day’s San Diego office
- Has represented employers for more than 40 years and has advised employers concerning dozens of complaints of sexual or other unlawful harassment, many of which resulted in litigation
- Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers and has been recognized since 1993 in The Best Lawyers in America
- For many years has presented for Lorman Education Services on conducting internal investigations of employment claims
- In the 1990s he was part of a team that provided anti-harassment training to the court staff and justices of the California Courts of Appeal and the California Supreme Court
- Recently co-wrote a paper analyzing the California Fair Employment and Housing Council’s regulations on discrimination and harassment
- Currently the amicus coordinator and a former chair of the Employers Group Legal Committee, a group of 18 prominent California lawyers who represent the interests of employers, as amicus curiae, in important employment and labor cases before the California and federal courts; in that capacity he was the author of a successful amicus brief in the important harassment case of Lyle v. Warner Brothers, in which the California Supreme Court addressed claims of environmental harassment involving the Friends television show
- J.D. and B.A. degrees, University of Virginia
- Can be contacted at 858-314-1166 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.