Gain insight into the history of conservation easements.
A conservation easement is created by a landowner (a donor) through permanent restrictions, known as a conservation easement, placed against land. Conservation easements are creatures of state law. This white paper will include a historical recounting of conservation easements and other more general charitable contributions of real property.
William R. Sylvester, Esq.
William R. Sylvester Law Firm, LLP
- Shareholder in the Birmingham office of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) and is active in local, state, and national bar associations
- Has extensive experience in a wide variety of real estate-related transactions
- Recently handled representation of a declarant in connection with the turn-over of powers to the residents in a neighborhood association with nine separate sub-associations; purchase and sale of unimproved real estate and interests therein; choice of entity considerations in the acquisition of real estate; negotiation and drafting of deal-specific provisions of partnership, limited liability company, and joint venture agreements; and representation of appraisers and donors in charitable conservation gifts of conservation easements of real property
- Member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers; American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and Taxation Sections, and Forum on the Construction Industry; and Birmingham Bar Association
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers in Real Estate since 2016; Alabama Super Lawyers in Real Estate since 2008; Best Lawyers In America® since 1995 in the areas of real estate and tax law, and business organizations since 2016; and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers since 2010
- J.D. degree, University of Virginia School of Law; M.S. degree in operations research, Georgia Institute of Technology; B.S. degree, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, University of Alabama
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.