Review enforcement issues.
In most countries, the primary means for enforcing a domestic court judgment in a foreign country is the Hague Convention.Because the U.S. has never ratified the Hague Convention requiring domestic enforcement of foreign court judgments, enforcement of judgments originating from courts within the U.S. “whether the courts of a foreign country would enforce a judgment issued by a court in the United States depends upon the internal laws of the foreign country and international comity. This white paper discusses why in many foreign countries, as in most jurisdictions in the United States, the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments is governed by local domestic law and the principles of comity, reciprocity and res judicata.
Hennis, Rothstein & Ellis LLP
- Partner at Hennis, Rothstein & Ellis LLP
- Practices in the areas of Internet and technology law, intellectual property law (including trademark registrations for non-U.S. companies), business and corporate law, international and domestic commercial transactions, virtual currency law, privacy law, and drone law (law of unmanned aerial systems or UAS); frequent speaker on topics related to the Internet, digital technology law, international private law, and legal ethics
- Author of the 2019 edition of Stuckey & Ellis, Internet and Online Law (Law Journal Press), and the author of numerous articles and op-ed pieces regarding legal topics
- Twice testified before Congress on information law topics
- Served as chair of the Ohio State Bar Association’s International Law Committee, as chair of its OSBA's Digital Technology Law Committee, and as a member of the OSBA's Ad Hoc Committee on Multijurisdictional Practice
- J.D. degree, Antioch School of Law; B.A. degree, Ohio State
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.