Learn about the need for accurate records.
The federal Fair Labor Standards Act was one of the earliest federal efforts to regulate the work environment and became effective on June 25, 1938. The FLSA is administered and enforced by the Wage and Hour Division of the Employment Standards Administration within the United States Department of Labor. The USDOL has adopted regulations that address recordkeeping requirements. When adopting time recording policies and procedures, employers should consider both what is legally permissible and what is necessary to minimize the likelihood and severity of class litigation. This white paper reviews minimum wage and overtime and the need for accurate records and discusses exemptions and exceptions.
Michael A. Pavlick
K&L Gates LLP
- Partner in the Pittsburgh office of K&L Gates LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment law, with a focus on wage and hour law and traditional labor law
- Has represented a variety of clients in cutting-edge cases and cases of first impression
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous aspects of labor and employment compliance
- Written several publications related to the areas of labor and employment
- Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year in 2012 for labor and employment litigation in Pittsburgh, and a Best Lawyer pick every year since
- Former judicial clerk for U.S. Court of Appeals Judge
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, Case Western Reserve University; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Drew University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
Stone Age Pavers Inc
Area of Expertise: Permeable Paver System
Years of experience: 2
Previous speaking experience: Uncounted Architectural Manufacturing Presentations (10 years)
Architectural Permeable Paver Presentations (2 years)
Higher Education: Carmichaels Highschool, PA
Relevant Publications: MVP of Sales / Roofing Contractor Nov 2006
Association Memberships/Positions Held: Gold Coast Builder Association Board Member
Comments: The Permeable Paver System is a Best Management Practice for Low Impact Development. This stormwater control system is just now gaining popularity here in the United States. Presentations cover Structural Design, Pollution Control, Storage Capacities, Construction, Environmental Benefits and LEED applications.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.