Employers found liable for violations of the FLSA may be assessed damages.
The Fair Labor Standards Act was one of the earliest federal efforts to regulate the work environment. Among other things, the FLSA and many parallel state laws require the payment of a minimum wage for all hours worked; as well as generally pay nonexempt employees an overtime at a rate of at least one and one half times the regular rate of pay for all hours work in excess of 40 hours in a work week. This white paper reviews FLSA requirements and discusses hours worked, the De Minimis Doctrine and other wage requirements of interest.
Patrick M. Madden
K&L Gates LLP
- Partner and former co-chair of the Labor and Employment and Class Action Practice Groups at K&L Gates LLP
- Advises employers on wage and hour payment and compliance and compensation plan design
- Assists employers responding to agency investigations; and represents employers in wage and hour, discrimination, and other employment lawsuits at the state and federal levels
- Worked on hundreds of state, regional, and national wage and hour class actions, including lawsuits involving wage calculation and payment issues, entitlement to overtime and benefits, off-the-clock claims, challenges to exempt status, and claims to employee status
- Listed as a top labor and employment attorney in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a super lawyer in Washington Law & Politics, a Washington State litigation star by Benchmark Litigation, and a leading employment lawyer in Seattle Business and Seattle Metropolitan magazines
- Frequently speaks, writes, and testifies on wage and hour and wage payment issues
- J.D. degree, with highest honors, University of Washington School of Law, where he was managing editor of the Washington Law Review; B.F.A. degree, Pacific Lutheran University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.