Wrap document and their purpose and requirements.
When employers provide benefits to employees, they have established an employee welfare benefit plan, under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. There are several types of employee benefit plans including, medical, dental, vision, prescription, disability and HRAs. With a few exceptions, employers providing these plans must comply with ERISA and maintain and distribute SPD to plan participants which accurately reflects plan content information and information as required under federal law, as well as administering the plan in accordance with SPD, which must be made available to participants timely. This white paper reviews what wrap documents are, compares them to summary plan descriptions, and discusses their requirements.
Brady C. Bizarro, Esq.
The Phia Group, LLC
- Director, health care attorney in the office of The Phia Group, LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of ERISA, ACA, and HIPAA compliance
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters related to health care and employee benefits law
- Written several publications related to the areas of health insurance industry, especially self-funded employee benefit plans
- Member, Self-Insurance Institute of America
- J.D. degree, Boston University School of Law; B.A. degree, Boston University
- Can be contacted at 781-535-5643, [email protected] or on Twitter® @ThePhiaGroup
Jennifer McCormick, Esq.
The Phia Group, LLC
- Vice president of Consulting at The Phia Group, LLC
- Concentrates in various aspects of self-funding, healthcare, and employee benefits
- Frequent speaker for industry webinars and at national association conferences
- Written multiple industry publications and contributor to online media content
- J.D. degree, Syracuse University College of Law, with certificates in estate planning and family law; B.A. degree in both psychology and criminal justice, Indiana University, graduating with distinction as a National Dean’s List Scholar
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.