Could you prepare a contract that anticipates all problems that could occur?
Dealing with geotechnical issues is possibly the most difficult problem that engineers are faced with. Unknown underground conditions can cause chaos during the construciton phase. Defining the project in detail and showing how the project needs to be constructed is highly important for keeping the project on schedule and close cooperation is necessary between the contractor and inspector. Read this white paper for details on preparing contact specifications, including excavation, drainage, and foundation preparation.
J. Paul Guyer, P.E., R.A.
- Managing general partner, Guyer Partners
- Registered mechanical engineer, fire protection engineer, civil engineer, and architect with 35 years of experience designing a wide variety of building and infrastructure projects; for an additional nine years, he was a principal staff advisor to the California legislature on infrastructure and capital outlay issues
- Currently editor-in-chief of The Clubhouse Press, the largest publisher in the U.S. of continuing education products for professional engineers, architects, and construction managers
- Has held numerous national, state, and local offices with the American Society of Civil Engineers, Architectural Engineering Institute, and National Society of Professional Engineers
- Regularly presents live continuing education webinars for professional engineers, architects, and construction managers
- Authored and edited numerous articles and papers in the field of infrastructure engineering
- Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Architectural Engineering Institute, and Chartered Association of Building Engineers (U.K.)
- Graduate, Stanford University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.