Diet Coke and a Poppy Seed Muffin
First was the poppy seed muffin argument for a failed drug test. Now companies better fasten their seatbelts for the next chapter in employment-based drug screening following Coca-Cola’s recent product announcement. Coca-Cola recently revealed that they were taking a look at a cannabidiol-infused line of beverages. This white paper discusses what companies will do if faced with the possibility of cannabidiol soda on the market?
Michael D. Wong
Michael D. Wong, Esq.
- Partner in SmithAmundsen’s Labor & Employment Practice Group and Transportation Group, St. Charles, Illinois
- Practice emphasizes advising and representing companies and businesses regarding employment and labor laws, including discrimination and harassment issues and lawsuits under state and federal law, disability and leave issues under the ADA and FMLA, wage and hour matters, class actions, employee handbook and policy issues, and the impact of medical and recreational cannabis on businesses
- Routinely conducts seminars, workshops and training relating to drug testing, opioids, medical and recreational cannabis, discrimination and harassment, workplace investigations, and employer best practices
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Kane County Bar Association: Labor & Employment Law Committee member, 2012 – present; Labor & Employment Law Committee Chair, 2014 – present; Bar Briefs, Editorial Board member, 2013 – present; Bar Briefs Editor, 2015-2016; Board of Directors: Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce
- J.D. degree, Northern Illinois University College of Law; B.A. degree, University of Illinois
- Can be contacted at 630-587-7972 or [email protected]
Noah A. Frank
- Attorney in the Chicago office of SmithAmundsen LLC, in the Labor & Employment Practice Group, Data Privacy, Security & Litigation Group, and the Medical Cannabis Counsel Team
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment law, including mandated leave, discrimination, handling difficult employees effectively, and agency matters
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers’ compensation, unemployment, anti-discrimination/harassment, wage garnishments, properly paying hourly employees, and employment misclassification issues (exempt/nonexempt/independent contractor)
- Author of several publications related to the areas of employment, workers’ compensation, cannabis and marijuana
- Member of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Business Advisory Board, Employment Law Council, Cannabis Regulation Working Committee; University of Illinois College of Law, Alumni Board; Chicago Bar Association, Leadership Institute Steering Committee; American Bar Association, Annual Meeting Program Planning Committee; Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce; River North Business Association
- J.D. degree, University of Illinois College of Law; M.H.R.I.R. degree, University of Illinois Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations; B.A. degree, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Can be contacted at 312-623-7265 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.