It's time to take action.
Due to a recent U.S. Court of Appeals decision disclosures can’t be mixed with the Fair Credit Reporting Act required disclosures. Employers everywhere should be taking a close look at their current background check forms and not assuming that the company that performs those checks is staying compliant. This white paper reviews the requirements of background check forms to keep your company safe.
Mark J. Furletti
Ballard Spahr LLP
- Senior associate in the Philadelphia office of Ballard Spahr, LLP; member of Ballard Spahr's Consumer Financial Services, Mortgage Banking, Privacy and Data Security, and Bank Regulatory and Supervision Groups
- Practice focuses on regulatory and litigation aspects of federal and state consumer lending and payments laws, including those that apply to payment cards, consumer reports, unsecured loans and automobile-secured loans
- Previously worked as a business consultant, assisting the nation's largest retail banks and credit card lenders with customer strategy issues, and as a manager at one of the largest credit card issuers in the U.S.
- Also worked for the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia for several years
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on hot topics in consumer financial services regulation, including the CFPB, UDAP, TCPA, FCRA, ESIGN, UETA, EFTA and TILA
- Writer of several articles related to the areas of prepaid cards, credit reporting, credit cards and electronic funds transfers
- Named Associate to Watch by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in banking and finance: financial services regulation: consumer finance (compliance), national ranking; and banking and finance: mainly regulatory (Pennsylvania), 2012
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 215-864-8138
Meredith S. Dante
Ballard Spahr LLP
Meredith S. Dante represents employers across industries including retail, consumer products, hospitality, financial services, technology, life sciences, health care, manufacturing, and higher education in a broad range of labor and employment disputes. She partners with clients to proactively identify issues and devise legal solutions that are specifically tailored to the client's workforce and business needs. She regularly advises clients in matters involving discrimination, whistleblower complaints and retaliation, wage and hour issues, reductions in force, compliance issues, restrictive covenants, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other leave laws, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other accessibility issues, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and related state laws, and diversity and inclusion programs. She has experience conducting audits and internal investigations, as well as defending clients in single plaintiff, class, and collective actions across the spectrum of employment laws. She frequently works with emerging growth clients to provide practical guidance on the unique issues faced by these companies as they grow and build successful businesses.
Elliot I. Griffin
Ballard Spahr LLP
Elliot Imani Griffin is an associate in the Litigation Department of Ballard Spahr LLP, who focuses her practice on labor and employment matters. During law school, Elliot interned with Exelon Corporation, a Fortune 100 energy company, where she researched recent National Labor Relations Board decisions to assess how they would impact Exelon's policies. She also wrote demand letters to address fake websites that were allegedly infringing upon the mark of Exelon and its subsidiaries, drafted motions, and assisted in the preparation for Pennsylvania Utility Commission hearings.
Elliot worked at Ballard Spahr as a summer associate where she drafted memos, conducted background research of plaintiff experts, and edited and updated chapters of an eDiscovery text book.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.