Many law enforcement agencies now use Tasers and other electronic control weapons (ECWs) in the course of duty. When used correctly, ECWs can reduce the use of deadly force and the overall risk of injury for suspects under arrest. ECWs can also help prevent injuries to police officers caused by suspects. On the whole, ECWs have been viewed as a positive means by which to reduce police brutality charges and to build better community relations. When used correctly, ECWs are an excellent alternative to deadly weapons. However like any weapon, ECWs come with their own set of drawbacks and liability issues. Download this white paper to learn about the risks and benefits of using electronic control weapons.
- Review the legal liabilities connected with the use of ECWs.
- Learn how to reduce legal liability without compromising policing presence.
- Identify the components of creating a consistent agency policy.
- Gain tips on staying ahead of the curve.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.