Pursuing Mediation: To Do, or Not to Do
For any type of litigation, there is always wisdom to assess whether mediation offers a reasonable chance for a prompt resolution of the dispute. When disputes revolve around principal (money) rather than principle (zoning policies), mediation often can be quite effective. This white paper reviews mediation strategies and the importance of selecting a mediator who understands the land use process.
Victor P. Filippini, Jr.
Filippini Law Firm
- Founding Partner of Filippini Law Firm after having served as Illinois local government/real estate practice group leader at a 1000+ attorney international law firm
- Practice emphasizes land use, development, and local government law and finance, having worked on hundreds of developments and achieving positive results, whether in the board room, in the court room, or at the negotiating table
- Frequently conducts seminars and writes articles on a variety of land use matters including annexation, zoning, constitutional land use issues, RLUIPA, subdivision, building, historic preservation, architectural review, public financing options for development, and zoning litigation, as well as various local governmental law topics
- Adjunct professor of law teaching land use, state and local government, and development law at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law
- Co-author of Illinois Jurisprudence, Municipal Law, Annexations, Consolidations, and Transfer of Territory (1st Ed.)
- J.D. degree, cum laude, University of Michigan Law School; A.B. degree, magna cum laude, Harvard College; Northwestern University, School of Professional Studies, Mediation Certification
- Recognized by: The Best Lawyers in America; Best Law Firms in America; Super Lawyers; Leading Lawyers Network; Chambers USA; ALM’s Legal Leaders Top Rated Lawyer; recipient of Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association, 2016 Litigation Award
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-300-6549
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.