Do you have the insurance policies you need for your construction project?
There are a myriad of insurance products on the market. However, despite certain insurers’ attempts to create new products, the payment and performance bonds traditionally used in the construction industry have not been supplanted or replaced and remains in common use. This white paper reviews construction insurance for builder’s risk, workers’ compensation, design liability, and excess coverage issues.
Michael Jay Rune, II
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Shareholder with Carlton Fields
- More than 25 years of experience representing owner/developers, contractors, sureties, subcontractors, and suppliers in nearly all aspects of the construction industry and large-scale commercial construction projects
- Has handled construction, surety, fidelity, and related insurance matters as well as mortgage fraud recovery through mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts and mediates commercial and construction matters in Florida
- Has represented clients in crane, scaffolding, and structural collapse cases
- Known for his hard-hat approach to construction, spending time at construction sites and working with project managers and construction workers to gain firsthand knowledge of the construction industry and what goes on in the field
- Published author and frequent speaker on issues important to the construction and fidelity industries
- Recognized by Lorman Education Services for his above-benchmark customer course ratings and received the 2017 Platinum Distinguished Faculty Badge
- Author of the International Association of Defense Counsel’s Annual Survey of Fidelity and Surety Law (1997–2004), and co-author of Liability and Performance Bond Surety in The Law of Performance Bonds (ABA 1999)
- Board certified in construction law by The Florida Bar and a Supreme Court of Florida Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- J.D. degree, Samford University Cumberland School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of Texas at Austin
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Attorney in the Miami office of Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Focuses practice on commercial and construction litigation, where she represents developers, contractors, material suppliers, and design professionals in disputes involving construction defect claims, delay claims, construction lien issues, and contract disputes
- Member of several professional and civic organizations
- Can be contacted at 305-539-7417 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.