Beware of Fraudulent Deeds
In recent months, city and state officials in New York City have been paying extra attention to the issue of deed theft. There are owners of single-family homes in New York City, and in particular the gentrifying areas of Brooklyn, Harlem and Washington Heights, which have become the casualty of deed theft. This white paper reviews why boards and managing agents, title companies, real estate brokers and agents, and many others need to boost their awareness for any transactions that may impact title to shares or units in an effort to protect people against related plots to steal deeds.
Carol A. Sigmond
- Partner in the New York office of Greenspoon Marder LLP
- Concentrates her practice on construction industry matters, including contract preparation, mediation, litigation, suretyship, bid protests, appeals, and arbitration
- Extensive experience in litigation of construction disputes for public works and buildings in both the public and private sectors
- Experienced mediator and is on the New York County Supreme Court Commercial Division Roster of Volunteer Mediators and the American Arbitration Association’s Roster of Construction Industry Arbitrators
- Former President of the New York County Lawyers’ Association, former Vice President of the New York State Bar Association for the 1st Judicial Department, and member of the New York Building Congress, GCA New York, SCL North America, CLSA, ABA, New York State Bar Association and New York County Lawyers Association
- Frequent speaker and author on topics relating to Construction Law
- J.D., The Catholic University of America School of Law; B.A., Grinnell College
- Can be contacted at Phone: (212) 524-5074 or Email: [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.