Understand how civil remedies are determined for victims of a criminal act.
When the unthinkable happens and someone becomes a victim of rape, sexual assault, battery, or other crime of violence, justice is often sought through the criminal justice system. However, there is another important side to seeking justice beyond criminal sanctions and penalties against a perpetrator: the civil remedies that may be afforded to a victim of a crime of violence. This white papers reviews collection of civil remedies and how liability is determined.
Colleen Marea Quinn, Esq.
Locke & Quinn
- Equity owner in the firm of Locke & Quinn, a personal injury and family law firm ranked as a Best Law Firm in America by U.S. News & World Report for eight years in a row since 2015, and owner of the Adoption & Surrogacy Law Center and the Women’s Injury Law Center
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, as well as the Client Champion award
- Practices in the areas of personal injury, employment law, family formation, estate planning, insurance coverage, and civil litigation
- Honored as a 2021 Fellow of the Virginia Law Foundation, with the inaugural 2019 VLW Influential Women in Virginia, VA Lawyer’s Weekly; Top Women in the Law (in family law and personal injury 2016-20); The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, 2015-22; AAAA 2018 President’s Award; 2017 Adoption Attorney of the Year, Lawyers Monthly magazine; 2017 MRWBA Women of Achievement Award; 2016 Richmond NAWBO Entrepreneur of the Year award; 2015 Virginia State Bar Family Law Service award; Virginia’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2012-20, Law.com and Legal Leaders; Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2012-18; the 2011 YWCA Outstanding Woman Award for Law & Government; the 2011 Hats Off to Women Award, ABWA Cavalier Chapter; Super Lawyers Top 100, 2019-21, 2013, 2012, Top 50 in Virginia, 2011, Top 50, 2012-21/Top 25, 2010 & 2011 Female in Virginia, and Top 50, 2019-21, 2013/Top 25, 2012 Richmond, Richmond magazine; Virginia’s Legal Elite, Virginia Business, 2019-21, 2010-17, 2005; VLW 2009, Leader in the Law; 2008 Congressional Angels in Adoption award; and a Super Lawyer by Richmond magazine, 2006-21
- She is a Fellow and 2016-17 President of the Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys (AAAA) and served on the AAAA Board from 2007-11 & 2013-18 and in numerous officer, chair, and conference chair positions
- She serves/has served on numerous boards including Va Law Foundation, current finance vice-chair; VA Family Law Coalition; National Assoc of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Richmond Chapter, past-president; Richmond NAWBO Foundation Board, past-secretary, Women of Excellence co-chair (four years); Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association, past-president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and JCE chair; Richmond Women’s Business Consortium, past-chairman); Family Formation Charitable Trust (2016-2018); Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Employment/Civil Rights Section co-chair (2012-14, 1999-01), Public Affairs co-chair (2011-12), Pro Bono co-chair (2010-2011), Diversity chair (2003-04), CLE, Convention, Amicus, Insurance, and Long Range Plan Amicus Committees; Creating a Family Board (2013-16); United Way Women’s Leadership Council (2012-17); CW of VA Girl Scouts Board (2014+, treasurer); and the Richmond YWCA, past-president, Advisory Council
- Member of the LGBT Bar Family Law Institute, VEBA, ACLU, Equality VA, and Gay RVA, ASRM, ABA, RBA, VSB, and the AAJ
- She speaks and frequently publishes with more than 500 presentations and publications
- Founded the Raising the Bar Law Talk Show & QLC Intern Program
- J.D. degree, University of Virginia; B.A. degree, William and Mary; served as Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Harry L. Carrico, Chief Justice, Virginia Supreme Court, 1988; graduate, Leadership Metro Richmond
- Can be contacted at 804-285-6253 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.