Regardless if the shift report is handwritten or computerized, information accuracy, patient privacy, and report completion prior to shift rotation and before the nurse physically leaves the work station is mandated by various federal (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) U.S. Office of the Inspector General (OIG)) and state guidelines. These guidelines address report requirements, format, timeliness, patient privacy, and general use.
- Review procedures and events to report.
- Compare computerized vs. handwritten reports.
- Learn what happens when errors are present.
- Learn how to comply with HIPAA.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.